[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bank of America Mortgage

joeyb7

Frustrating to say the least.....

I go onto their website (per my monthly invoice) to sign up to be able to pay online. I wait 5-7 business days for my temporary password to be mailed to me and finally log on. Great - I can check my balance, transactions, etc., but I can't pay unless I have a BofA checking or MMKT account.

SInce BofA is the largest mortgage services and I'm sure some huddlers use them, are any of you paying the monthly (or bi-monthly) bill online without a BofA account? Right now, it's the only thing I can't pay online without actually having an account there. There's gotta be a way around this....I'm sick of buying stamps.

I know it's not necessarily cool to pay your mortgage anymore in the U.S. :wacko: , but can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,

J

My mortgage is with BoA (they are about the fifth owner of it) and I don't have any other account with them. I pay mine via EFT directly from my checking account with WF every two weeks but can access the BoA mortgage site any time. All I did set up an account online - no need for checking accounts and stuff. Maybe it's changed now. Or maybe it's because I was grandfathered in when they bought Countrywide and my existing account migrated to BoA.

I pay BoA directly online for my mortgage from my US Bank account. Why don't you call their customer service 800 number and ask?

I'll be calling on this afternoon. I just figured I'd try and avoid the (most likely) twenty minutes to get to someone that probably won't be able to answer my question.

I have a B of A mortgage and pay from my chase bank account. Don't remember how I set it up but it wasn't too hard.

\ps- On the B of A site

Edited by alchico

You can set it up with your Checking Account. Just add it to your bill pay service from your Bank (If available). Worst case you have to do 2 logins (Review and pay)

Why not just make it an automatic payment? I never could understand this Bill Pay thing. My bank asked me to subscribe for $6.50 / month or whatever it was. I told them all those bills were automatically paid for free via EFT, so why would I pay for it? They agreed it would be dumb.

My mortgage is with BoA (they are about the fifth owner of it) and I don't have any other account with them. I pay mine via EFT directly from my checking account with WF every two weeks but can access the BoA mortgage site any time. All I did set up an account online - no need for checking accounts and stuff. Maybe it's changed now. Or maybe it's because I was grandfathered in when they bought Countrywide and my existing account migrated to BoA.

+1

Mortgage gets paid automatically on the first of every month out of one of my USBank checking accounts. Like Ursa, I set this up when the loan was owned by Countrywide (they bought ours, too, from another company) and is now owned by BOA after they acquired Countrywide. I can log into BOA and check on it but I rarely do as its completely automated. I would definitely think there is a way for the OP to set something like this up with BOA without having to open a seperate account with them but I dont know that for sure...

Why not just make it an automatic payment? I never could understand this Bill Pay thing. My bank asked me to subscribe for $6.50 / month or whatever it was. I told them all those bills were automatically paid for free via EFT, so why would I pay for it? They agreed it would be dumb.

I don't pay extra for Bill Pay. Plus I like controlling it through my bank than through EFT. Which is the same but not really :wacko:

I don't pay extra for Bill Pay. Plus I like controlling it through my bank than through EFT. Which is the same but not really :wacko:

EFT means you'll never forget to pay a bill, though, which is nice. I use it for fixed cost bills e.g. mortgage, gas, electric, etc rather than variables such as credit cards.

EFT means you'll never forget to pay a bill, though, which is nice. I use it for fixed cost bills e.g. mortgage, gas, electric, etc rather than variables such as credit cards.

Its probably a good idea to set up auto pay on your revolving credit accounts. Just select "minimum payment." This gives you significant oversight of your account while protecting you in case something happens and you don't timely submit a voluntary payment that month.

Its probably a good idea to set up auto pay on your revolving credit accounts. Just select "minimum payment." This gives you significant oversight of your account while protecting you in case something happens and you don't timely submit a voluntary payment that month.

Probably good advice. I currently pay the CC off in full every time but that's worth thinking about since I can make multiple payments if I want. :wacko: