[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets win yet another cliff hanger.

Rovers

I'm already old, and this team is shortening my life. Today, with less than a minute left and down 4, Sanchez drives the Jets 72 yards in 45 seconds for the win.

Sanchez has arrived. The kid just keeps getting it done with late game heroics 3 weeks in a row now. Over 300 yards and 3 TD's today. He did that with Houston led by Mario Williams in his face all day long and an ineffective running game. The Jets are no longer a defensively led team. I wonder what kind of numbers Sanchez could have had if the Jets didn't stubbornly continue to try to get the running game going. When Houston scored and left 55 seconds on the clock, I was sure it was over. Then Sanchez pulls a few more rabbits out of his helmet.

This is not the Jets I thought I'd be watching this year. The defense hasn't been all that good, the rushing offense is faltering but Sanchez keeps bailing them out. Last year with a lead like the Jets had, the defense would just dominate and put the game away while the offense would just eat clock with ground and pound. Not this year. Tough loss for Houston. Another late win for the Jets.

Kudos to Sanchez & the NYJ - they did was what needed, when it was needed ... but on that last game winning drive, HOU re-defined their league leading position as the worst pass defense in recent (and perhaps not so recent) history. I was simply astounded by their total inability to even play anything resembling a prevent defense ... LT open underneath for his catch or 2 on the drive was not all that unexpected, but the completion to Edwards & then the score to Holmes were just inexcusable ... high school level defensive play all around. Who'd have thought it could get worse after last week's debacle vs JAX? But IMO, today was worse from a HOU point of view, last week's play was a bit of a fluke, today's game was just flat out bad, bad, bad football.

Again, take nothing away from the J-E-T-S as they won a game they should have lost ... and good on Sanchez for making the plays & "taking what the defense gave him", but to be fair, "what the defese gave him" was everything.

Enjoy the win & get your heart rate down to a reasonable level.

:wacko:

Kudos to Sanchez & the NYJ - they did was what needed, when it was needed ... but on that last game winning drive, HOU re-defined their league leading position as the worst pass defense in recent (and perhaps not so recent) history. I was simply astounded by their total inability to even play anything resembling a prevent defense ... LT open underneath for his catch or 2 on the drive was not all that unexpected, but the completion to Edwards & then the score to Holmes were just inexcusable ... high school level defensive play all around. Who'd have thought it could get worse after last week's debacle vs JAX? But IMO, today was worse from a HOU point of view, last week's play was a bit of a fluke, today's game was just flat out bad, bad, bad football.

Again, take nothing away from the J-E-T-S as they won a game they should have lost ... and good on Sanchez for making the plays & "taking what the defense gave him", but to be fair, "what the defese gave him" was everything.

Enjoy the win & get your heart rate down to a reasonable level.

:wacko:

I'm with you on the throw to Edwards, the safety was far too late in covering the deep sideline. However, on the Holmes TD catch, that was more the Jets executing than Houston breaking down. It was a perfect play, nearly indefensible. Holmes was covered but Sanchez threw a perfect pass. About the only thing the Houston DB could have done was to intentionally draw a PI penalty.

The Houston DB's are plain awful. When the pass rush fails to pressure (but they did pressure Sanchez a lot today) it's easy pickins.

Houstons demise this season has been about the pass defense breaking down. Kudos to the Jets for coming back and winning this game, but in all honesty, they soulf have beaten the Texans by at least two touchdowns. They had them down and let them back in the game. you do that against a team that knows how to finish and you are going to be in trouble.

Houstons demise this season has been about the pass defense breaking down. Kudos to the Jets for coming back and winning this game, but in all honesty, they soulf have beaten the Texans by at least two touchdowns. They had them down and let them back in the game. you do that against a team that knows how to finish and you are going to be in trouble.

The Jets' defense is vastly overrated. It has had 4th qtr meltdowns way too often. Yesterday, that vaunted defense blew a sizeable lead and needed yet another Sanchez miracle to bail it out. Rex better get his defense in order or they won't be seeing too much of January.

Edited by Dcat

The Jets' defense is vastly overrated. It has had 4th qtr meltdowns way too often. Yesterday, that vaunted defense blew a sizeable lead and needed yet another Sanchez miracle to bail it out. Rex better get his defense in order or they won't be seeing too much of January.

I am not disagreeing at all, the defense has been playing poorly late in games, but the offense shares responsibility in these collapses.

When a team gives up 20 unaswered points, it also means the offense is doing a major fail as well. The Jets offense never let the D rest. What, one first down in the 4th quarter until the final drive? Two turnovers giving Houston short fields? Something everyone seems to forget is that when even the Jets fans were leaving the stadium, the Jets defense held the Texans out of the EZ after thet had a 1st and ten from the Jets; ten yard line. They were tired having played the entire quarter. If they give up a TD there, the Jets not only need to score, they need a 2 point conversion just to gain a tie.

When you have a team down, it is just as important for the offense to run the clock out, and the Jets offense hasn't been able to offer any help. Turning the ball over twice on the wrong side of the 50 yard line with a lead is also unacceptable.

Yes, the defense is struggling, but it isn't all on the defense either. The offense didn't help.

I am not disagreeing at all, the defense has been playing poorly late in games, but the offense shares responsibility in these collapses.

When a team gives up 20 unaswered points, it also means the offense is doing a major fail as well. The Jets offense never let the D rest. What, one first down in the 4th quarter until the final drive? Two turnovers giving Houston short fields? Something everyone seems to forget is that when even the Jets fans were leaving the stadium, the Jets defense held the Texans out of the EZ after thet had a 1st and ten from the Jets; ten yard line. They were tired having played the entire quarter. If they give up a TD there, the Jets not only need to score, they need a 2 point conversion just to gain a tie.

When you have a team down, it is just as important for the offense to run the clock out, and the Jets offense hasn't been able to offer any help. Turning the ball over twice on the wrong side of the 50 yard line with a lead is also unacceptable.

Yes, the defense is struggling, but it isn't all on the defense either. The offense didn't help.

agree completely. I'm not a fan Schottenheimer. No, it's not his fault that Greene fumbled and that Woody got hurt, but lately the line can't protect Sanchez (long before Woody and Slausson injuries) and run blocking has not been stellar like last year. But Schott doesn't call plays that make the most sense given the situatuion. Hoping Scott gets a HC gig somewhere this off season. And if Houston fires Kubiak, I would love to see him become the OC of the Jets.

Edited by Dcat