[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wireless copiers

nuke'em ttg

Here's the deal, i do home inspections and my report is usually 50 pages. My current HP C4780 does maybe 4 reports with 60XL ink cartridges and the plain 60 only does 1-1/2 reports. It's not crankin out what it said it would. I get my reports bound at Staples and ask the manager what to buy cause he see's me everyday and knows what i need. The HP 6500 wireless is a $200.00 copier that has gone down to 100.00 and he said on black friday it was gonna be $80.00. I should have asked him what the next size up would cost but it was really big and takes 4 ink cartridges. I'm just tired of running out of ink and it's not cheap. All i'm printing is words and photos. Any help would help :wacko: thanks

:tup: C'mon Man

Printing is a bit grainy or fuzzy at times. Copying of black text on grey backgroud was VERY spotchy. Disappointed.Good Warranty 2 years everyone else has one.Ok for casual use, not really for heavy duty office use.What's great about it: Price, Warranty, no HP style low volume starter ink tanks.What's not so great: will not print on two sides, copying is grainy.No, I would not recommend this to a friend. :wacko:

don't quit yer vibrater job :tup:

Take a look at color laser printers....a wireless color laser by brother would probably be around $300 but in the end would save a good amount vs buying ink over and over.

I'll buy if you fly :wacko: the camera you recommended is still workin like a champ, i just can't set the time :tup:

:lol: C'mon Man

Printing is a bit grainy or fuzzy at times. Copying of black text on grey backgroud was VERY spotchy. Disappointed.Good Warranty 2 years everyone else has one.Ok for casual use, not really for heavy duty office use.What's great about it: Price, Warranty, no HP style low volume starter ink tanks.What's not so great: will not print on two sides, copying is grainy.No, I would not recommend this to a friend. :wacko:

don't quit yer vibrater job :tup:

:tup: read the other 3 reviews there Sparky

i will post some options for you later but I have to go and finish my article right now

few questions for you...

1. Do you need color?

2. Do you need duplex (ie: 2 sided copying)

3. Do you need wireless?

4. Will you consider a refurb? (fwiw, I have purchased Brother refurbs with no issues at all)

5. Do you have any preferred vendor? (HP, Brother, Samsung etc)

6. Do you need just a printer or an all in one (fax, scan, copy and print)

7. Budget?

Edited by keggerz

i will post some options for you later but I have to go and finish my article right now

few questions for you...

1. Do you need color?...YES

2. Do you need duplex (ie: 2 sided copying) ...NO

3. Do you need wireless?...YES

4. Will you consider a refurb? (fwiw, I have purchased Brother refurbs with no issues at all)...NO

5. Do you have any preferred vendor? (HP, Brother, Samsung etc)....NO

6. Do you need just a printer or an all in one (fax, scan, copy and print)...ALL IN ONE

7. Budget?...1ST TIME I JUST GOT WHAT THEY SAID I NEEDED AND I WAS WORRIED ABOUT ALL MY START-UP COST BUT THIS TIME AROUND I WANT AN INVESTMENT IN SOMETHING THAT DOES A CHITLOAD OF COPIES WITHOUT RUNNING FOR INK EVERY 2-3 DAYS. ANSWER 300.00-400.00

THANKS KEG :wacko:

You do NOT want/need a wireless printer. Just get a networkable Brother and hook it up to your router, you can print to it wifi through the router, not the printer.

Do you have to have color?

Just buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16828113363

It will do everything you need for years. Do not buy an HP.

~ edit, the high capacity toner cartridges print 10-15K for $50, compare that to the ink you've been buying and realize how cheap this printer is to own in the long run.

Edited by redrumjuice

You do NOT want/need a wireless printer. Just get a networkable Brother and hook it up to your router, you can print to it wifi through the router, not the printer.

~ edit, the high capacity toner cartridges print 10-15K for $50, compare that to the ink you've been buying and realize how cheap this printer is to own in the long run.

That right there is what i want for volumn and that dang thing would pay for it's self pretty quickly at the rate i'm buyin ink now. Business has picked up bigtime so the investment makes sense, but house sales go down bigtime from now till after the 1st :wacko: gotta make a wise move here instead of just gettin pissed and buying whatever. Thanks for the info, this would be the dream copier :tup:

RR is right on here...I don't think you need wireless...my Brother isn't wireless but is networked and I send print jobs to it upstairs from downstairs on my laptop.

here is one very similar to the one that red posted and it is $499 with free shipping same one is ~$450 including shipping at PCNation(whoever they are) http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?af...amp;item=DL9292

Edited by keggerz