[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does your league use Fanball?

borge007

Wholeheartedly agree: Fanball is God-awful. My big money league used Fanball for about five years, but socring problems, system crashes, and the fact that we could get a better and more stable platform for free at ESPN caused us to switch. I was in another league that used Fanball for a year, and by unanimous agreement we switched to Yahoo!

After all, in terms of the league there is no real need to spend money on software: you just need a reliable system to keep score and track results. If individual owners want to spend money on research sites, that is another story (I typically use a pay site every other season or so, and I plan to enroll in The Huddle next year).

Edited by historymike

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like they are closing up shop.

It appears that Liberty Media has decided to shut down Fanball, according to various sources.

Rumors of such a possibility began to surface early Wednesday morning, and by Thursday morning FSB.com was able to confirm the news via sources with direct knowledge of the situation. Although Fanball has not officially been closed yet, we’ve been told that employees were informed Wednesday of the impending move.

It’s a surprising development for a company that had made several high-profile acquisitions over the past couple of years, including the NFFC and NFBC.

“I’m very sad for all the dedicated employees and for the loyal customers who supported the games and services for almost 20 years,” Charlie Wiegert, co-founder of CDM, told FSB.com Thursday of the apparent pending closure.

Of course, no official announcement has yet come from Fanball or Liberty. That might leave open the possibility of a different resolution here, and we have heard from multiple sources that there will be a meeting with LIberty decision makers next week. Should the news become official, we’ll look more into what might happen to various pieces, such as the NFBC (which is gearing up for the 2011 baseball season).

This is not the kind of news to tread lightly with, though, and we certainly would not be putting it out there now without reliable support.

When you run a sh1tty business & offer a sh1tty product, this is what usually happens.

They have sucked for a while now, but it's a shame none the less. Way back in the late 90's, I won a few awards from them when they had a printed newspaper for Logo of the year, website of the year and website runners-up (before the days of MFL taking over league websites, and CBS sports...), so even if i wasn't using their site, I always had a soft spot.