[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting look at Dems, Repubs and Tea Party

muck

Lost me here;

Such constitutional nihilism extends well beyond the drive to strike down the U.S. health-care law, a jarring move by those long opposed to judicial activism. It reflects a deep discomfort with the country’s growth toward a thriving, coast-to-coast democracy.

:wacko:

Lost me here;

:wacko:

To me that means that more local regional matters should be emphasized versus the idea that we are all one country and in it together, instead of individually out for ourselves. Not the emphasis on the democracy part in bold, but more on the sense of being a unified country from coast to coast, rather than having geographically designed squabbles.

Case in point, all the stuff you and Perch talk about Texas seceding and how awesome it is, versus other states. Instead of being a more integrated America, there seems to be a theme of "screw America, we just like our state instead". That can be directly attributed to poor performance on the federal level for years, but it doesnt mean that should be the best path for America to be on.