[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Assyrians are coming to America

moneymakers

Once the law is repealed, gays will be openly accepted by the military for the first time in U.S. history, and can acknowledge their sexual orientation without fear of being kicked out.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/17...litary-gay-ban/

Social Security is no longer being fully funded for the first time and now this. Health care will be shattered in a few years.

Lets not forget the 2 newly appointed Supreme Court judges.

Easy pickins for the heathens.

Just like the monkey said when he got his tail cut off.

IT WONT BE LONG NOW!

Seems that I have heard this before....

In the 40's integrating black people was going to destroy the moral of the miltary

In the 70's women would dilute the readiness of our troops

I spent 22 years in the Military, and during that time I served with more than a couple of gay people. They were just like everyone else, some were just not cut out for military life and others served their country with honor.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Obama's speech in Cairo on US relations with Muslims inspired a 3,500-word response from the retired Cuban leader in which he lauded Obama as a "very good communicator" with "impressive working capacity". Coming from a workaholic famous for marathon speeches, this was praise indeed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/1...ro-barack-obama

Edited by moneymakers

All this does is make a bunch if faries rich as they can now all sue the gov't for harassment.

It's always sad when dumb people equate homosexuals with womens sufferage and slavery. get over yourself elton john, it ain't the same freaking ballpark.

If the shoe fits........ And we didn't have slaverly in the 40's. But the same crap you hear about gays in the military is the same old wornout bull what was being thrown around back then. It took Truman to stand up and issue an executive order over the objections of the Military leadership, and Congress. Now before you all get your panties in a bunch, I'm not comparing Obama to Truman, just pointing out what it took to move forward over the bigoted beliefs of the time.

What pisses me off is these people are Americans, and as Americans they should have the same rights and privledges as you and me. No more and no less. But there are a lot of small-minded people (including McCain) that don't believe this and it's just wrong. And I don't give a damm what your freakin bible, koran, or any other religious book you want to hold up says. I live in a Democracy, not a Theocracy, so don't bother preaching to me or trying to point out how being gay is morally wrong I hear enough of that from groups like the Westboro Baptist church.

Now excuse me, I need to practice my "Candle in the Wind" for a upcoming performance.......

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

So...do they get separate barracks just like the women?

Stop being all logical and thinking about reality ie actual impacts and problems/complications this will create n stuff. Nobody cares about that. Just shut up and be PC or Big Brother gonna come over you like a tidal wave. No seperate barracks. Or showers. In fact since sexual orientation doesn't matter in any way according to the rocket scientists, all barracks and showers and boot camps (etc) should be fully co-ed :tup:

Whoa. I never said they couldn't serve. I simply asked if they should have separate barracks. Let's not put words in my mouth that I never said.
I tried to warn you.

lol - and welcome to the 21st century.

:wacko:

Edited by BeeR

Being gay is not a race so, no, I don't consider them similar. Since they are sexually attracted to men and can now be open about it maybe it's not a such a good idea. One of the reasons men and women are separated is because of the obvious - sexual attraction. Why not just put men and women in the same barracks then (which, when I served I would have been all for)?

There are already gheys in the military . . and they dont have separate barracks now. Why would they need them in the future?

This isnt about now allowing the gheys in, they are already IN the armed forces and serving in every single branch. Are there widespread shower sexual assualts by the gheys?

Seriously asking here . . . . they are already in the military largely without incident of "man on man" ghey assaults. I would think that the much more common sexual assaults by men on women in the military would pose more of a concern. :wacko:

There are already gheys in the military . . and they dont have separate barracks now. Why would they need them in the future?

This isnt about now allowing the gheys in, they are already IN the armed forces and serving in every single branch. Are there widespread shower sexual assualts by the gheys?

Seriously asking here . . . . they are already in the military largely without incident of "man on man" ghey assaults. I would think that the much more common sexual assaults by men on women in the military would pose more of a concern. :wacko:

I just think it changes the game. I'm not so much worried about sexual assaults as I am about another guy leering at others while showering and the like. Since gay men see other guys like straight men see women, then I would think it presents a potential problem.

I just think it changes the game. I'm not so much worried about sexual assaults as I am about another guy leering at others while showering and the like. Since gay men see other guys like straight men see women, then I would think it presents a potential problem.

That would make sense if there were not already gheys in the military.

COnsidering they are (and have been for same time) in the military, I really dont think this changes anything as it applies to barracks. :wacko:

you do realize that while gay men are attracted to other men, they don't find all of them attractive...much the same way straight men don't find all women attractive. and if there's any "leering" going on, it isn't confined to the showers.

gay, lesbian, bi, straight, whatever: if a man or woman wants to volunteer to serve in the military for our country, they should be able to do so and not have to hide their sexuality.

you do realize that while gay men are attracted to other men, they don't find all of them attractive...much the same way straight men don't find all women attractive. and if there's any "leering" going on, it isn't confined to the showers.

gay, lesbian, bi, straight, whatever: if a man or woman wants to volunteer to serve in the military for our country, they should be able to do so and not have to hide their sexuality.

Then why not integrate men AND women into the same barracks?

That would make sense if there were not already gheys in the military.

COnsidering they are (and have been for same time) in the military, I really dont think this changes anything as it applies to barracks. :wacko:

Well, since there are already WOMEN in the military, let's just integrate them into the men's barracks too. You see my point now?

And again, in case anyone here tries to say otherwise, I personally don't care if gay men and women serve in the military openly.

Well, since there are already WOMEN in the military, let's just integrate them into the men's barracks too. You see my point now?

And again, in case anyone here tries to say otherwise, I personally don't care if gay men and women serve in the military openly.

No . . . your point does not make sense. There already have been gheys in the same barracks as hetero soldiers without incident. Why would there be a need for separate facilities simply due to a policy change of discrimination? :wacko:

Your equation of gheys=women in the military is patentely false because women were not ALREADY in mens barracks until they passed a policy that said "Holy diaper dirt! there are women in here! Now there is a problem!"

No . . . your point does not make sense. There already have been gheys in the same barracks as hetero soldiers without incident. Why would there be a need for separate facilities simply due to a policy change of discrimination? :wacko:

Your equation of gheys=women in the military is patentely false because women were not ALREADY in mens barracks until they passed a policy that said "Holy diaper dirt! there are women in here! Now there is a problem!"

I believe that making it all open now is going to be problematic. It's not going to stay the same like you suggest. I guess only time will tell.

Because being permitted to be OPENLY gay is quite a different matter?

And this question has yet to be truly answered: given that logic, why not just make all showers and barracks co-ed?

Seriously asking here . . . . they are already in the military largely without incident of "man on man" ghey assaults.
The "openly" part I already mentioned aside, it isn't simply about assaults, but all the potential problems that could and would arise just like if we went co-ed with everything.

PS: you can say "gay" here. It's not like the dreaded "n word." :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

I believe that making it all open now is going to be problematic. It's not going to stay the same like you suggest. I guess only time will tell.

Can you expand on this topic?

I see it as you cant be discharged if they find out you are ghey. I do not see it as changing camo for rainbow colored pantsuits . . .

But that is just me . . .:wacko: