[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An Email to Commissioner Goodell

policyvote

I'm sure some of you got the email from Roger Goodell to the NFL's 5+ million-fan mailing list.  Well, I wrote up a reply, sent it to him, and posted it to my blog.  Figured you folks might be interested:

Dear Commissioner Goodell--

It was a surprise and pleasure to receive your recent email. I appreciate your initiative in communicating to fans current status of the CBA negotiations. As you said, we fans care deeply about the league, our teams, and the players; anything that threatens our ability to enjoy NFL football as usual is a matter of great concern.

I assume your statement, “I know we can and will reach an agreement,” was meant to allay that concern. Unfortunately, it does not. You made no mention of whether agreement will come before the expiry of the current CBA, before the NFL Draft, before training camp, before the 2011 regular season, or even within our lifetimes. Of course, an agreement will eventually be reached. What fans want to know is if you are committed to reaching an agreement in a fashion and timeframe that respects our investment in the game.

http://www.thelionsinwinter.com/2011/01/em...er-goodell.html

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Goodell's letter was a strategic victory in that if negotiations with the NFLPU fail, the majority of the blame will shift from the NFL administration to the NFLPU so it almost forces thier hand in accepting a compromise as long as it's not a crappy deal.

BTW, your letter was well stated :wacko: