[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

certified pre-owned

Clubfoothead

OK so after totally over-researching I have come to the conclusion that based upon my use, criteria and amount I'm willing to spend, the freaking Toyota Yaris is my dream used-car. Here's the rub - I find the hatchback unappealing (although going into this I told myself I didn't care what the car looks like). I am looking at a 2008 sedan version with the same miles as a 2009 hatchback. The sedan is not Toyota Certified Pre-Owned but the hatchback is. The certified pre-owned is going to end up being just under $500 more than the as-is, drive-off.

Forget the fact we are talking about a pair of Yarii (which is apparently the correct plural). Pretend it's a piar of F-250's if it makes you feel better. Would you consider the difference between Certified Pre-Owned and not worth more than piece of mind?

Thanks in advance.

Forget the fact we are talking about a pair of Yarii (which is apparently the correct plural).

Impossible.

But no, whether it was a pre-cert or not would not affect my decision. If I am spending $12-15K on a used car, my mechanic is getting a couple hundy to do a once over anyway. Anything he finds that was not disclosed would be brought to the attention of the seller and rectified, or no deal.

Am I really gonna trust the opinion of a mechanic that works for the seller???