[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rockstar's LA Noire

boltnlava

I'd recommend it to those who don't need to shoot at everything all the time. This is a slower game and requires you to pay attention to your surroundings and peoples gestures for clues. I'm enjoying that change of pace. I think you will too.

Edited by boltnlava

I'd recommend it to those who don't need to shoot at everything all the time. This is a slower game and requires you to pay attention to your surroundings and peoples gestures for clues. I'm enjoying that change of pace. I think you will too.

I watched the trailer online for this game. It very much intrigues me.

I watched the trailer online for this game. It very much intrigues me.

If you have any questions about the game just ask. Games are expensive these days and a bad purchase is a real bummer.

Is it appropriate for a 12 year old? if not, why? I saw it was rated M, but wasn't sure if it was violence and/or sexual content.

Also, if you have the PS3 version, is it 3D compatible? Our new LG 3D TV is phenomenal for MLB11 and Call of Duty in 3D, and I can't imagine playing a game any other way at this point.

Is it appropriate for a 12 year old? if not, why? I saw it was rated M, but wasn't sure if it was violence and/or sexual content.

Also, if you have the PS3 version, is it 3D compatible? Our new LG 3D TV is phenomenal for MLB11 and Call of Duty in 3D, and I can't imagine playing a game any other way at this point.

No on the 12 year old in my opinion. Sex, Strong language and violence are the norm here. Also no on the 3D compatibility. The PS3 version just barely fit on the one blu-ray disk as it is. I have the 360 version and it has 3 disks.

lol. On the back of the game case it says: Rated M for Blood and gore, Nudity, Sexual themes. Strong language, Use of drugs and Violence.

In small print uner that it says: Supports family settings. lol. (?) How do you edit all that content? At any rate I'd still say no.

Edited by boltnlava

Is it repetetive? Also, I read that you can never make a wrong a decision that will end the game.

This is mostly true. Early on there is nowhere to go so it ends. You just restart a case when your interrogation goes wrong. So..Well, Yes. lol.

Edited by boltnlava

I started poking around on it last night, taking a break from DA2. I really like it, HOWEVER, it is much diffrent than any game I've ever played. At the risk of aging myself it's literally like playing a Clutch Cargo cartoon, except the fluidity of the mouths has expanded to the entire face!

It's a puzzle game, but a lot of the puzzles are interrogations where you literally have to read the eye blinks and face twitch to call people out.

And the art direction is amazing. This really is a cool game but not for everyone - it is by far a "thinking man's game" and is layered so much more than GTA.