[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In Wisconsin News Today

Yukon Cornelius

The GOP is really making friends with the voters. :wacko:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/07/13/9...ing-drops-to-37

Overall, do you approve or disapprove of the way Scott Walker is handling his job as Governor of Wisconsin?

Approve: 37

Disapprove: 55

Ouch. This is the lowest approval rating for Walker found in any poll to date. While Walker is not, sadly, on the ballot in the recalls, these numbers do suggest an increasingly difficult political environment for all Republicans in Wisconsin.

Other notable findings from the poll:

60% disapprove of the way the State Legislature is handling its job.

56% disapprove of the job Republicans in the State Legislature are doing.

48% disapprove of the job Democrats in the State Legislature are doing.

Wisconsinites overwhelming think the recall option in the state constitution is a good thing (78%), and 50% said the current recalls of state senators made them feel better about Wisconsin politics.

59% of residents statewide preferred that the Democratic state senators remain in office rather than be recalled and 49% said the same of the Republican state senators.

I've commissioned a poll to tell me the results I want to hear as well. I'll let you know when the results come back.

Oh..they just came back...55% of Democrats disapprove of the job Walker is doing.

60% of Democrats disapprove of the way the State Legislature is handling its job.

56% of Democrats disapprove of the job Republicans in the State Legislature are doing.

48% of Republicans disapprove of the job Democrats in the State Legislature are doing

Whew! Things are looking good. It is good to know that we got polls to tell us what we want to hear.

Edited by tosberg34

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasting almost half a million bucks seems rather hypocritical from the party that has taken the position that "we are broke, so lets cut back teachers"

If they actually WERE fiscally responsible, would running fake candiates that were expected to lose be fiscally responsible? :wacko: Hmm . . that sounds like the OPPOSITE of being fiscally responsible!

The Shenanigans with the supreme court vote all but guaranteed a recount. If that never happened and Klop STILL wanted a recount, then it would be wasteful. But the crap that happened with the "found" votes all but guaranteed a recount. That has basis and foundation. How does running purposefully fake candidates when it wastes almost half a million bucks have any backing?

You are partisan when it comes to republicans? :tup: No way! :lol:

I never said that it was not fiscally responsible and not hyocritical. Jesus - do you actually read?

Once again you fail - shenigans - come on - why do they canvass the vote counts - to catch mistakes - this chick obviously made a huge mistake but it was not shenanigans - if you could not figure that out then you are just a partisan hack - oh wait.. I guess you thought it was shenanigans.

By the way I know a couple people who got phones call from the Democrats saying - Thanks for signing the recall petitions - guess what these people never did. That is shenanigans but I guess it is OK because it takes such a massive effort to get 12,000 votes.

I never said that it was not fiscally responsible and not hyocritical. Jesus - do you actually read?

Once again you fail - shenigans - come on - why do they canvass the vote counts - to catch mistakes - this chick obviously made a huge mistake but it was not shenanigans - if you could not figure that out then you are just a partisan hack - oh wait.. I guess you thought it was shenanigans.

By the way I know a couple people who got phones call from the Democrats saying - Thanks for signing the recall petitions - guess what these people never did. That is shenanigans but I guess it is OK because it takes such a massive effort to get 12,000 votes.

I never said what she did was purposefully wrong. Shenanigans= a major mistake by someone that worked for Prosser. To pass the smell test that was destined for a recount. That is very impartial and really, the right thing tro do with passions so inflamed and at a fever pitch in WI. The more objective the better. I guess you dont agree with objectivity? :wacko:

GMOZ! A robo call was wrong! :tup::lol:

I never said what she did was purposefully wrong. Shenanigans= a major mistake by someone that worked for Prosser. To pass the smell test that was destined for a recount. That is very impartial and really, the right thing tro do with passions so inflamed and at a fever pitch in WI. The more objective the better. I guess you dont agree with objectivity? :wacko:

GMOZ! A robo call was wrong! :tup::lol:

Objectivity - that is hilarious - nobody thought she would pull it out - it had a lot to do with stalling but keep up that hope that it was all done in good faith and that it was really a worth while recount. Keep believing there big guy.

I don't know what a robo call is but it was not a wrong number - they had number and name - My god could a dem have wrote in a fake name? No way never they do everything on the up and up

Tourism, leisure, hospitality and food services created the bulk of the new jobs - 6,200 of them after seasonal adjustments.

Manufacturing, by contrast, added 800 new jobs

Didnt he promise to bring 250,000 private sector jobs to WI? What will he do once Noah's Ark closes for the year?

Breaking news . . we are having a good summer for outdoor activities :wacko: . . . I applaud the gain now. But I remain very skeptical that those gains last into the winter. I sure hope those jobs stick . . otherwise gbpfan will have an excuse why they dont have jobs in November

Didnt he promise to bring 250,000 private sector jobs to WI? What will he do once Noah's Ark closes for the year?

Breaking news . . we are having a good summer for outdoor activities :tup: . . . I applaud the gain now. But I remain very skeptical that those gains last into the winter. I sure hope those jobs stick . . otherwise gbpfan will have an excuse why they dont have jobs in November

:wacko:

:tup:

It is great that food services and leisure activities are adding jobs! However, those also tend to be very fluid, non long term jobs. It would be great if those jobs were on any kind of permanant basis (or even year round basis). We shall see . . . and when they dont stick, I am sure you find some way to blame Obama find a reason why.

It is great that food services and leisure activities are adding jobs! However, those also tend to be very fluid, non long term jobs. It would be great if those jobs were on any kind of permanant basis (or even year round basis). We shall see . . . and when they dont stick, I am sure you find some way to blame Obama find a reason why.

Largest gain since 2003. I guess Wisconsin did not have summers in 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010.

I guess there was no leisure or food in Wisconsin in 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010.

Jesus dude is it possible to accept good news??- it does seem that what Walker is doing is working.

Largest gain since 2003. I guess Wisconsin did not have summers in 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010.

I guess there was no leisure or food in Wisconsin in 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009,2010.

Jesus dude is it possible to accept good news??- it does seem that what Walker is doing is working.

Sweetheart . . . you must not read very well . . . :wacko: I said I applaud the news!! I also hope that they actually stay, but if not . . you will have a convenient excuse . . . ya always do.

250,000 promised

=

A really really long way to go . . . I sure hope he can make it! That is a lot of burgers and fries to serve up.

Sweetheart . . . you must not read very well . . . :wacko: I said I applaud the news!! I also hope that they actually stay, but if not . . you will have a convenient excuse . . . ya always do.

250,000 promised

=

A really really long way to go . . . I sure hope he can make it! That is a lot of burgers and fries to serve up.

Yep your post was full of applause and positivity.

Don't call me sweetheart you arrogant prik.

Obama is great. If he does not get out of Iraq and Afghanistan by tomorrow then I think Obama is as useless as they come.

But hey according to BP's logic - I did say Obama is great.

:tup: Hmm . . . I wonder what will happen to those leisure and food service jobs in November? :wacko::lol:

But at least they picked up 800 manufacturing jobs! Only a shade over 217,000 more jobs to go so he fulfills his campaign promise. I sincerely hopes he gets there . . for Wisconsin's sake.

:tup: Hmm . . . I wonder what will happen to those leisure and food service jobs in November? :wacko::lol:

But at least they picked up 800 manufacturing jobs! Only a shade over 217,000 more jobs to go so he fulfills his campaign promise. I sincerely hopes he gets there . . for Wisconsin's sake.

OK OK - I give up - I will finally agree with you. Job growth in leisure and food service jobs is bad news. Recall these idiots that creating bad jobs!!!!