[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh I like this - Chargerz, thoughts? ::heheheheeh::

cliaz

While I don't pay my patients for their time spent waiting, I do value their time and try like hell to be punctual. If I'm running late I have my nurse tell the patients how long they will probably be waiting. They then have the option of rescheduling.

ETA: Any doctor who makes a patient wait two hours is a total moran!

Edited by Chargerz

I have no problem waiting for a Dr. that I trust and respect. I get a little upset when I'm kept waiting as a new patient. I'm sure that's not really fair, but there it is.

2 hours is alot tho'. lol

Edited by boltnlava

While I don't pay my patients for their time spent waiting, I do value their time and try like hell to be punctual. If I'm running late I have my nurse tell the patients how long they will probably be waiting. They then have the option of rescheduling.

ETA: Any doctor who makes a patient wait two hours is a total moran!

My ENT up in Maryland is an awesome doctor and by far one of the most attentive ones I've had in my life time. When I was concerned that I could feel a lump on the inside of my throat (roughly around the voice box area) I went in to see him. He took a look at everything then performed what I believe is still considered an endoscopy by taking a thin tube with an eye piece and sticking it up my nose and down my throat to take a look. I sat there with his face like 5 inches from my mind while he was taking a look (kind of weird if you ask me since he was talking to me the whole time right in my face).

He then put another thing up my nose and took video then sat down and walked through everything he saw and explained everything to me in very general terms so I could understand him. The only thing I hated about going to him is that it was no uncommon to wait hours in his waiting room. The longest I've ever waited for him was 2 1/2 hours. But because I was very comfortable with him I swallowed my words and didn't say anything to him.

While I find it very encouraging that doctors are doing things like what is in the article and I like seeing that Bridget brought up a good point last night. She said that when you are waiting for an oil change or for your taxes to be done by appointment and you wait and wait - do you get money back or gifts? She went on to make the point that medicine isn't an exact science some times and that patients need to speak with doctors until they are satisfied. It isn't a puppy mill.

I thought her point was valid and well made FWIIW

I feel the need to repost...

A typical day at Chargerz office:

In the reception room:

;):rofl::yay::lol::wacko:

I have been waiting over an hour!

\

:brew:

Ma'am, Dr. Chargerz is very busy!

\

:tup:

Meanwhile, in exam room 2:

The doctor will be in to see you soon.

He currently has 10 patients in office!

\

:pc:

Well, tell him I'm ready! My bagina is getting cold!

\

exam room 3:

:rofl:

exam room 4:

Are you certain he can do the exam through a burkka?

\

:bow:

He is doing research on that at this very moment...

\

:bag:

exam room 5:

Ma'am Dr. Chargerz will be right back, please fill the container and leave it on the sink.

\

and in Chargerz's office:

Wait til they see this great juggling act...

\

:doh:

:yay: