[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Issue

darin3

Whenever I open the "My Pictures" folder in My Documents, it takes forever for the folder to open. Presently, I have several sub-folders in there, each with a varied range of photos. I also have photos that haven't been categorized yet.... trying to move these photos to the appropriate folder has become cumbersome to the point of near-exhaustion.

Is it because it's trying to load the "thumbnails" in each folder?

I only have ~90 gigs of the ~300 gigs used in my C: drive.

What's up? :wacko:

:wacko: I think I figured it out. My stupid all-in-one scanner/fax/printer program was running in the background and was trying to pull thumbnails from hugh video files that were for some reason stored in My Photos instead of My Videos.

BJ, delete if you want. :tup:

I'd check to make sure nothing else was running in the background using up memory.

This plus turn off the thumbnail preview.

I thought I knew where that was, couldn't find it, but had success once I turned off the "control center" for my all-in-one. Where's the thumbnail preview toggle?

In XP just open My Computer, then next to the "Folder Icon" near the top is the "Views" button (Hover as the is no label). Click anything other than Thumbnails. (Details is probably the fastest.)

Or do you have Vista or Win7?

In XP just open My Computer, then next to the "Folder Icon" near the top is the "Views" button (Hover as the is no label). Click anything other than Thumbnails. (Details is probably the fastest.)

Or do you have Vista or Win7?

:tup: Yeah, I know how to do that... and maybe I'm just beyond sleep deprived, but I thought there was an option that previewed/thumbnailed photos but not folders. You know what I'm saying?

I run XP.

Either way, I found the culprit and things are running much faster now. :lol:

I do need to evaluate all the processes that are running at startup and in the background, though. :wacko: I bet this machine could run twice as fast.

:tup: Yeah, I know how to do that... and maybe I'm just beyond sleep deprived, but I thought there was an option that previewed/thumbnailed photos but not folders. You know what I'm saying?

I run XP.

Either way, I found the culprit and things are running much faster now. :lol:

I do need to evaluate all the processes that are running at startup and in the background, though. :wacko: I bet this machine could run twice as fast.

There is a way to do that universally, or individually. You can set that up individually in the manner that I said for each folder. You can also do it universally by using a different method. If you want to do that I can help.

It's folder driven, NOT Content Driven. It don't know photos from Docs.

BTW...I have s/w that allows me to "Take Control of YOUR Computer". It's really cool stuff and requires very little on your part. We just need a time, email addy, and a phone call to make it work. I've used it several times w/ family and friends to resolve much bigger problems than yours.

I'm not joking. "I can fix it! My Dad has an awesome set of tools!". This is not Bullchit! Look it up. http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Let me know my friend.

rr26

There is a way to do that universally, or individually. You can set that up individually in the manner that I said for each folder. You can also do it universally by using a different method. If you want to do that I can help.

It's folder driven, NOT Content Driven. It don't know photos from Docs.

BTW...I have s/w that allows me to "Take Control of YOUR Computer". It's really cool stuff and requires very little on your part. We just need a time, email addy, and a phone call to make it work. I've used it several times w/ family and friends to resolve much bigger problems than yours.

I'm not joking. "I can fix it! My Dad has an awesome set of tools!". This is not Bullchit! Look it up. http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Let me know my friend.

rr26

Cool, maybe we can set something up for this week sometime. I'll let u know. Thanks, much appreciated.