[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Learn Spanish audio?

mrip

Hey guys, do any of you know of an effective audio program for learning Spanish? I have a long subway commute and can wear headphones most of the day at work. I'm looking for something constructive to fill my time and think learning Spanish would be really useful. Thanks!

I've never used it, but I hear nothing but glowing remarks about Rosetta Stone. It's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

This

I am working on German now (I took some in high school). Already have Spanish and English down. Would love to learn Portuguese, but only they and Brazil use it (with opening markets and commerce it may come in handy).

What next. The "popular answer" is Chinese, but that almost feels like a surrender. Arabic? But which dialect? French is a dying language unless you go to France or Africa :wacko:

I KNOW, Scottish! :tup:

I've never used it, but I hear nothing but glowing remarks about Rosetta Stone. It's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Been wanting to learn Spanish too ,, so I went to the Rosetta Stone site and seen two available

Spanish (Spain)

Spanish (Latin America)

So I'm guessing if I was going to visit Mexico I would chose Latin America ?

Rosetta stone is great. Though, when learning a new language through these, expect it to be taught like you're a child. I was always looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was around while learning from it in public.

Rosetta stone is great. Though, when learning a new language through these, expect it to be taught like you're a child. I was always looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was around while learning from it in public.

I think that's exactly what I would need :wacko:

Been wanting to learn Spanish too ,, so I went to the Rosetta Stone site and seen two available

Spanish (Spain)

Spanish (Latin America)

So I'm guessing if I was going to visit Mexico I would chose Latin America ?

Right. The dialect in Spain is more traditional. I would compare it to American English vs. British English.

Latin America = Mexico, Central and South America.

I think that's exactly what I would need :wacko:

It's what we all need... It's just kinda sad when I'm sitting there repeating "Kopek kus", "Oglan ustunde kitap", "Top nerede", "Atler kusiorlar bahce", "O Araba Pembe", 'Eski ev orada", "kadin saclu beyaz", etc....