[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yankee cop goes nuts

polksalet

OK, not trying to defend the cop here at all because he was obviously an a-hole who was looking for a fight. After all, at no point did anyone give him any lip at all. At no point did anyone resist anything, and dude just needlessly escalated things. Over what? A possible solicitation?

That said, assuming you're supposed to tell the cops you have a gun, dude could have done a better job.

Like, right off the bat:

"Officer, I have something very important to tell you..."

Now, if d-bag tells him to shut the hell up, that's one thing. But I'm guessing he goes with something like "It better be <effing> important" or something like that.

At that point, before the other cop is in the car, he could tell them he's got both a weapon and permit and, at least that part of the issue is a non issue.

This doesn't excuse either the prick cop or his stupid friend who started searching the car while the driver was still sitting there. But, none the less, if you're supposed to tell the cops, and that rule makes perfect sense, dude could have tried a bit harder to do so.

I see both sides of this.

The guy could have blurted out, loudly enough, before getting cut off or while getting cut off, "I have a conceal/carry permit and am currently armed..."

The officer is going nuts because he didn't do his job properly in the first place and knows his partner could easily have been popped. I don't understand why they were insuch a hurry to pull the black dude outta the back of the car prior to securing the driver, you always secure the driver.

Both parties are dumbasses, but, I feel that it should be incumbent upon the guy with the permit, regardless of whether the cop is telling him to shut the hell up, or what not, to assert that he is in posession of a firearm pretty much immediately.