[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fedor V Hendo

Brent

Fedor looks to be done. i was giving him the benefit of the doubt after the first one. he got caught, and that happens. But Big Foot destroyed him in the second loss. But this latest loss reminds me of the end of Liddell. When the chin gives out on you, its time to hang them up. that shot may have been right on the button, but it wasnt a devasting hit, and he has certainly been hit in that same spot much harder than last night.

Looks like and end of an era.

Question, how good was Fedor. He kinda reminds me of Roy Jones Jr. When he was dominate, there was very little competition in his weight class. And today, when the competition is much stiffer, he gets knocked out by a 207 lb Hendo.

To me, fighters are kind of like everydown runningbacks. When they inevitably hit the wall, it comes down fast (see Shaun Alexander).

Watched the fight, both Fedor and hendo came out swinging, both landed solid shots. Dan backed Fedor up, Fedor got out of it, rocked Hendo and was on top when hendo pulled the wrestling reversal but instead of getting up and getting space he slipped the shot to the jaw that had to be right on the button. It certainly didn't look to be that hard, but when you saw the way Fedor's body jerked when it landed I think it was a lot harder than it first appeared. Couple shots on the ground and the ref correctly stepped in.

To me, fighters are kind of like everydown runningbacks. When they inevitably hit the wall, it comes down fast (see Shaun Alexander).

Watched the fight, both Fedor and hendo came out swinging, both landed solid shots. Dan backed Fedor up, Fedor got out of it, rocked Hendo and was on top when hendo pulled the wrestling reversal but instead of getting up and getting space he slipped the shot to the jaw that had to be right on the button. It certainly didn't look to be that hard, but when you saw the way Fedor's body jerked when it landed I think it was a lot harder than it first appeared. Couple shots on the ground and the ref correctly stepped in.

For Hendo to have the presence of mind while he is rocked and scrambling and to still inflict that kind of damage on a wayward shot like that,...wow. :keanureeveswhoa: For Fedor, he never even tried to get some kind of side control and that allowed Hendo to slip out. I think Fedor most likely hasn't been fighting the creme de la creme as far as heavyweight compeition, for years now. I mean, c'mon, he just got KTFO by a light heavyweight.

And Hendo is well known for his nuclear right hand, so it shouldn't be any surprise to anyone that watches MMA. Now, I will say, Arlovski and Lidell both seem to be birds of the same feather; it ain't taking as much to knock them out anymore and research does show the more you get knocked out, the more prone to it you become. I'm not exactly sure Fedor would fall in to this category as he was never really taken out by any one shot in his previous losses...