[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just finished a draft on Red vs Blue

Henry Muto

I probably should have posted this before the draft in case anyone wanted to listen.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/redvsblue/201...c-draft-tonight

Lots of high stakes experts in this one for me to battle against.

This was a $350 entry FFPC footballyguys players championship. 1st place will pull down anywhere from $75,000 to $100,000.

I drew the dreaded 12 slot so I came in with a plan...draft Nicks/Fitz since this is a PPR league (1.5 TE PPR) and also a dual flex league as well.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K , 1 DF

Here is the draft board - my team is Chimeras

http://leagues.myffpc.com/football/draft-b...X=1312583309824

Here are my picks in order

Nicks

Fitzgerald

M-Williams TB

V-Davis

Ingram

Rivers

Wells

R-Williams

Hernandez

Starks

M-Williams Sea

Pittsburgh

Bradford

A-Roberts

Snelling

Hankerson

Aromashodu

Hartley

Owens

Smith NYG

Final Roster

QB - Rivers - Bradford

RB - Ingram - Wells - Ryan Williams - Starks - Snelling

WR - Nicks - Fitzgerald - Mike Williams TB - Mike Williams Sea - A-Roberts - Hankerson - Aromashudo - Owens - Steve Smith NYG

TE - V-Davis - Hernandez

K - Hartley

DF - Pitt

rivers in the 6th was a steal.

fixed

Love the Andre Roberts pick but I think you could have gotten him a round or two later. The steam is picking up on him though...so I dunno.

Edited by tazinib1

I like your team with the exception of nicks, i'm just not sold on him this year. I like ryan williams and fitz a lot though. Ingram can have a good year as well. Vernon is always a beast at TE and rivers in the 6th was solid.

Umm what does this guy have to do to get you sold on him ?

79 catches, 1052 yards, 11 TD's in 13 games played

He had some freak injury compartment syndrome. Not exactly injury prone based off that.

My only beef with your team, Henry, is having both starting WRs and a rookie RB from Arizona. You better hope Kolb pans out. Or get your trade groove on. The RB risk/reward doesn't bother me. No team in a competitive league can be stacked everywhere. Pretty solid, just too much reliance on AZ for my liking.

My only beef with your team, Henry, is having both starting WRs and a rookie RB from Arizona. You better hope Kolb pans out. Or get your trade groove on. The RB risk/reward doesn't bother me. No team in a competitive league can be stacked everywhere. Pretty solid, just too much reliance on AZ for my liking.

To be honest I had not even thought about that until you just mentioned it. I do have both WR's and RB's there. Obviously I knew I had both RB's but never made the connection about the WR's because I don't realy care because Fitz is great and I am only looking for RB there and Roberts is just a back up.

No trades allowed in these high stakes leagues (except the dynasty ones)

So I have to live with this team and whatever waiver moves I make.

I could have by passed Rivers and taken another RB but didn't think it was worth it.

I guess all I have to say now is Go Arizona!

Got a chance to look at the draft grid. Id say walking out of the draft u have a top 3 team.. There were some odd strategy drafting going on there imo. Im really SHOCKED at Lou's draft, very odd. Im sure he took green there thinking u werent takin a WR and he would come bak n grab Williams. The fact that u got VD in the same round as J.Graham was drafted is a total steal.. Rivers a steal at that spot also.

GL..

Looking at that draft, I think Capt Legacy is the team to beat.

I'm drafting in the 8 spot in HOT and I would LOVE to have the same team as Legacy got here.

But I'm very much liking what HM did at the 12. Solid team with upside.

I agree guys team 8 is looking very good and balanced. I may have pushed it by taking VD in round 4 but he was the last elite TE and at 1.5 I wanted him over a RB I had questions on which was pretty much all remaining backs. You know if your at the 12/13 slot and you take WR/WR you are going to really struggle at the RB position as far as not getting what appear to be the sure things. I figured that since all the sure things were gone why not go for value and grab that TE. I love that got Ingram at 5.12 I doubt he will ever make it that far again in any of my drafts this year. I got pretty lucky there that my have given me a punchers chance.

I question my Wells/Ryan Williams picks at 7/8 turn because it cost me 2 picks for 1 spot, but my thinking was any RB I take at that spot is going to be a question mark so why take 2 question marks from different teams and run the risk of not getting a starting RB from either player and then my team would be dead in the water. So I went with the idea that 1 of the backs will emerage. I just hope they won't be splitting time. If 1 gets injured it helps me actually.

Well that was my thought process anyway we will see if it pans out. I could have gone with a RB over Rivers as well and maybe I should have. I could have landed Eli or another QB later on. That might have been a better way to go but I was not sold on the 6th round RB's.

Should be interesting.