[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Floor Tile Setting

SayItAintSoJoe

I've got some guys here at the house today laying floor tile in a room. It's 18'' porcelain tile. The instructions on the mortar package say to wait 24 hrs after setting the tile before stepping on it and doing the grout work. The contractors are telling me that three hours is enough. Oh course they want to wrap up the job in one day. I'm insisting on a 24 hr wait period. Am I being reasonable or do these guys know what they're talking about?

Yep. 24 hours it is. Thanks Huddlers.

I've had the whole room re-done (dry-wall, paint, floor) by this company and they've been pretty good so far. Luckily I've been home the whole time so I've been able to keep on eye on them. There was an instance where they joined 2 pieces of crown molding together for a 5 ft run and I had to tell them to replace that chit with a solid piece. There have also been a couple of dry-wall and paint touch-ups here and there that I've pointed out. Other than that it's been pretty smooth sailing and I'm happy with their work.

I found these guys on Angie's List and they seem to be really worried about the review that I'll be submitting once the project is done. That's a good thing in my book.