[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You ever do something...And then instantly realized that was stupid to do

BeeR

I thought of one I did more recently: put potato shavings (the skins) down the drain. Hey I have a garbage disposal after all. :wacko:

(PS to those unaware: this doesn't work so well.)

Edited by BeeR

Another time, I was up a ladder cutting some branches with a chainsaw. The ladder slipped and it was clear I was going down. My keen reflexes kicked in and I immediately pushed the chainsaw out of my hands as I didn't want to fall with it. Unfortunately, since I pushed it away from me, the chainsaw spun around and the saw caught my right shoulder. While I didn't need stitches, I still have a scar on my right shoulder. Luckily, the chainsaw had an auto-off. And then I hit the ground. No broken bones.

Another time, I was up a ladder cutting some branches with a chainsaw. The ladder slipped and it was clear I was going down. My keen reflexes kicked in and I immediately pushed the chainsaw out of my hands as I didn't want to fall with it. Unfortunately, since I pushed it away from me, the chainsaw spun around and the saw caught my right shoulder. While I didn't need stitches, I still have a scar on my right shoulder. Luckily, the chainsaw had an auto-off. And then I hit the ground. No broken bones.

chainsaw: "Now stand aside, worthy adversary!"

steve: "Tis but a scratch!"

chainsaw: "A scratch? Your arm's off!"

steve: "No it isn't!"

chainsaw: "Well what's that, then?"

steve: "I've had worse."

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed there was a very big branch overhanging my garage and where I park my car that is 90% ripped off and broken. I carefully judge how to pull the Fu(ker down, throw a rope over it and pull. I am on my garage while doing this. It breaks just how I want it to, and then ricochets off another branch and falls on me. After trying to cAtch it, I now have a huge gash across my back. (posted on Facebook for public humiliation).

After trying not to swear, as there were younguns watching, I thought of this thread and started laughing at myself. :tup:

:wacko:

I noticed there was a very big branch overhanging my garage and where I park my car that is 90% ripped off and broken. I carefully judge how to pull the Fu(ker down, throw a rope over it and pull. I am on my garage while doing this. It breaks just how I want it to, and then ricochets off another branch and falls on me. After trying to cAtch it, I now have a huge gash across my back. (posted on Facebook for public humiliation).

After trying not to swear, as there were younguns watching, I thought of this thread and started laughing at myself. :tup:

:wacko:

dude, that's a gash. I prescribe plenty of Two Brothers...your choice

played fart roulette when I was only 90% sure it was air and not liquid.

I assume you lost.

Knocked a knife off a counter when cooking and instinctively tried to catch it.

:tup:

:lol: I did that more than once!

While bartending, a big, full 1.5L bottle of wine slipped from my hand as I pulled it from the fridge.

Instinctively, I stuck my foot under it so it wouldn't hit the tile floor and shatter.

Good news.....the bottle didn't break. :wacko:

If you were union you coulda got workman's comp.

So, my sis from TX is up visiting. I'm on a budget, but she's had some rough going with her kids down there, I roll out the red carpet. I know she (and I ) like the cheap Romanoff caviar, really not caviar, just lumpfish, but still, this chit is pricey, but I get some for her visit. She piles almost half the jar onto ONE cracker! I say "You piggy!" Things did not go well after that.

What was the stupid part? Calling her on it or wasting $ on stuff she was wolfing down like no tomorrow?

Today I decided to re-heat a boiled egg (still in the shell) in the micro. Didn't have it in there for long - but a short muffled explosion later I had one of the nastiest messes in a micro ever. :wacko: