[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frontline

gilthorp

I find Frontline to be one of the best shows to watch, always an interesting topic. This one however was revealing for sure.

Top Secret America

Sorry if it's already been posted.

The Top Secret one blew my mind.

Another episode that I found interesting was:

The Confessions

How could four men confess to a brutal crime that they didn't commit? Inside the incredible saga of the Norfolk Four -- a case that cracks open the justice system to reveal almost everything that goes wrong when innocent people get convicted.

Frontline is a great show.

I find Frontline to be one of the best shows to watch, always an interesting topic. This one however was revealing for sure.

Top Secret America

Wow. Just watched that...pretty incredible, although I can't say I was surprised. I guess the issue is how can this huge organization be properly managed to operate smoothly, and can we keep paying the bill?

I love the fact that the people who were involved with the creation/expansion are being interviewed.

Simply amazing how government can create ways to not be policed.

Really surprised that the current administration has doubled down...and you wonder why we have a budget crisis.

Top Secret America

There was an interesting newspaper article on this about 18 months or 2 years back. It reported that there were upwards of 7,000 different agencies / units / consultancies / whatever all working within the security realm, massive amounts of that work overlapping and massive amounts of money being spent with massive profits for many.

Gil man - you're surprised? NONE of these politicians are interested in anything more than increasing their power and lining their pockets. ursa and I might disagree on the approach, but I know the guy loves this country and wants what's best. The cucksockers in power however, are just the opposite. They use disagreements over the approach to mask the fact that they all want the same thing - power. It's pathetic, IMO. :wacko:

The Top Secret one blew my mind.

Another episode that I found interesting was:

The Confessions

How could four men confess to a brutal crime that they didn't commit? Inside the incredible saga of the Norfolk Four -- a case that cracks open the justice system to reveal almost everything that goes wrong when innocent people get convicted.

Frontline is a great show.

Thanks for this link; I watched it (and the Top Secret one, too) tonight.

I just finished writing a long email to my wife about our parenting of our kids, with a link to the episode you shared with us, encouraging her to watch it.

I am appalled at the inability of these (at the time) young men who did not know their rights and who did not demand to be able to use their rights. Their ignorance cost them more than a decade of time already, plus tons of personal promise wasted in lives not lived. They were all simply uneducated on important (and basic) civics lessons, their resolve had not ever been steeled, and they were ill-prepared to face the graphic and systemic confrontation to which they were subject.

I do not want the same fate for my children. They need to be ready for whatever life throws at them...even if a near-stranger implicates them in a graphic crime of which they had no prior knowledge, much less actual involvement.

Thanks for this link; I watched it (and the Top Secret one, too) tonight.

I just finished writing a long email to my wife about our parenting of our kids, with a link to the episode you shared with us, encouraging her to watch it.

I am appalled at the inability of these (at the time) young men who did not know their rights and who did not demand to be able to use their rights. Their ignorance cost them more than a decade of time already, plus tons of personal promise wasted in lives not lived. They were all simply uneducated on important (and basic) civics lessons, their resolve had not ever been steeled, and they were ill-prepared to face the graphic and systemic confrontation to which they were subject.

I do not want the same fate for my children. They need to be ready for whatever life throws at them...even if a near-stranger implicates them in a graphic crime of which they had no prior knowledge, much less actual involvement.

...and thank you. I didn't really think about it from a parenting angle till I read your post. You're right, we need make sure as our kids get older that they are fully aware of their rights under the law. Just thinking that you have good kids that keep their noses clean isn't enough because they could still wind up in some bad legal situations as this story proves.