[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton is a stud in the NFL

WaterMan

I haven't watched this game at all but what happened to the Panthers since their red hot start? No one has said anything about the 3 int's from Cam.

Cam didn't get the win, but for the 2nd straight week he put up QB1 fantasy numbers: 432 yds passing, 1 TD, 3 INTS, Rushed for 53 yds, 1 TD.

As a huge SEC+Auburn+Cam Newton Critic I'll be one of the first to admit - I'm impressed. Immensely.

Yes, amazing. I've been spouting how he will struggle, no rookie comes in and wreaks havoc , college is one thing, the NFL is another, etc. I take it all back, this guy is amazing, and I believe he is the real deal.

I liken it to when Tiger Woods turned pro. I, like most others, didn't believe that any one golfer could come in and dominate the game. I was wrong then too. Every now and then, you get that special kind of athlete, and I believe Cam is one of them.

Edited by SecondString

Well, I was actually at this game and here's what I saw in regards to Cam and the Panthers offense -

1. Cam has incredible physical tools. His arm is really as good as advertised, and even most Packers fans were stunned by his late game bomb to Smith over two defenders. Play of the game in my book, even though it was too little too late. He reminds me a lot of a speedier Roethlisberger as far as his mobility goes.

2. Carolina's o-line can't open up holes for DWill, but man can they block for Cam. The first quarter saw the Packers throw a bunch of blitzes at Newton and all of them were picked up beautifully, leaving men wide open down the field and Newton hit em. It was vs. the blitz that Newton made most of his big plays and the guys up front deserve a lot of credit.

3. Newton was pretty terrible though when the Packers went to dropping seven in the second and third quarters. He's still got a long ways to go when it comes to breaking down NFL defenses and I could see him really bad against a team like Chicago that sits back in cover two and makes him throw into a tight window.

4. He overthrew an open Nanee in the endzone on back to back plays late in the game. As accurate as he was on deep balls, he still needs a lot of work on the short to intermediate routes.

Overall, I'm impressed but not yet completely sold on the guy developing into a top signal caller. Nothing against what he's done to this point, but he's still got a long ways to go.

Well, I was actually at this game and here's what I saw in regards to Cam and the Panthers offense -

1. Cam has incredible physical tools. His arm is really as good as advertised, and even most Packers fans were stunned by his late game bomb to Smith over two defenders. Play of the game in my book, even though it was too little too late. He reminds me a lot of a speedier Roethlisberger as far as his mobility goes.

2. Carolina's o-line can't open up holes for DWill, but man can they block for Cam. The first quarter saw the Packers throw a bunch of blitzes at Newton and all of them were picked up beautifully, leaving men wide open down the field and Newton hit em. It was vs. the blitz that Newton made most of his big plays and the guys up front deserve a lot of credit.

3. Newton was pretty terrible though when the Packers went to dropping seven in the second and third quarters. He's still got a long ways to go when it comes to breaking down NFL defenses and I could see him really bad against a team like Chicago that sits back in cover two and makes him throw into a tight window.

4. He overthrew an open Nanee in the endzone on back to back plays late in the game. As accurate as he was on deep balls, he still needs a lot of work on the short to intermediate routes.

Overall, I'm impressed but not yet completely sold on the guy developing into a top signal caller. Nothing against what he's done to this point, but he's still got a long ways to go.

all good points for sure, but the one thing he has and you can't teach is TOUCH. and he did have a nice end zone fade to lafell, so there are signs that he'll be able to progress.

I've watched both his games in their entirety, and am absolutely blown away. When he figures out how to read coverages better, and not force plays that aren't there, he is going to be a force. The easy comparison is to Vick, but Newton is bigger, doesn't panic in the pocket as quickly, and has (already) much better passing fundamentals.

Edited by nelsosi