[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just dropped Pitt DEF

zekez

So I just dropped the Steelers DEF/ST for the Texans in both of my leagues? Am I crazy? After the dismal showing by the Pitt D so far this year they now face the Texans, they are going to get run over. I'd rather have the Texans D going against the Pitt offensive line than the other way around. Anyone else cutting bait on the Steelers??

I would have dropped Britt if I was you :wacko:

Sorry, didn't update my sig. I already dropped Britt for Nate Washington. So I really didn't have any other choice. Play Pitt or drop Pitt.

Edited by zekez

Sorry, didn't update my sig. I already dropped Britt for Nate Washington. So I really didn't have any other choice. Play Pitt or drop Pitt.

i wouldnt have...alot of big play ability of defense...they had a fumble return for a td last week.....next 3 games for pitt are home vs tenn , jax and then at Ari...i would have rolled with them till at least then (after that they take on new england and baltimore again)

Glad to see people aren't overreacting here. Pitt defense will finish top-5. The turnovers will come, be patient. They limited Seattle to 0 points so that tells me they haven't lost their edge on D, and most of the Colts points were generated by turnovers by the offense which has nothing to do with the D at all, and is just unlucky:

(Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger sacked at PIT 48 for -5 yards (R.Mathis). FUMBLES (R.Mathis) [R.Mathis], RECOVERED by IND-R.Mathis at 50. R.Mathis to 50 for no gain (M.Gilbert). IND - Mathis credited with 3 sack yards. (Colts started @ 50 yard line, kicked FG)

B.Roethlisberger sacked at IND 48 for -6 yards (D.Freeney). FUMBLES (D.Freeney) [D.Freeney], RECOVERED by IND-J.Anderson at PIT 47. J.Anderson for 47 yards, TOUCHDOWN. IND - Freeney credited with 11 sack yards. (Defensive score for Colts)

(Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass deep left intended for E.Sanders INTERCEPTED by J.Lefeged at 50. J.Lefeged to PIT 25 for 25 yards (J.Scott). PENALTY on PIT-A.Brown, Low Block, 13 yards, enforced at PIT 25. (Colts start at PITT 25, kicked FG)

so as you can see, 13 of the 20 points the Colts scored were because of the offense...the defense was fine and will be fine.

and don't forget this play by Harrison/Polamalu:

(Run formation) C.Painter sacked at IND 18 for -7 yards (J.Harrison). FUMBLES (J.Harrison) [J.Harrison], RECOVERED by PIT-T.Polamalu at IND 16. T.Polamalu for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN. PIT - Harrison credited with 9 sack yards.

This is still a top-5 defense and shouldn't be dropped.

Edited by bostonsoxandy

I think it is too early to dump them if you drafted them earlier (Rounds 7-10) , since they can still return to elite status. Remember too that the Pittsburgh offense has been sputtering, meaning more time on the field for Polamalu & Co. If the offense gets untracked (*cough*) this should help those defensive linemen catch their breath.

In two leagues this year I am going with the revolving door defense, choosing the best D on the waiver wire with the best matchup. This week I picked up the Atlanta D against the SeaChickens, and in another league I snagged the Buccaneers D against the Curtis Painter starting debut Colts.

Interesting article from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...hardcount110930

But through three contests in 2011, Pittsburgh is 21st in fantasy points allowed to RBs. I also find it interesting that the Steelers have allowed 4.6 yards per carry, which ties them for 23rd among NFL defenses; for a frame of reference, from '06 to '10, they were never above 4.0 YPC, and last year sat at an NFL-best 3.0. Heck, they allowed five rushing TDs all last season, and three games into '11 they've already allowed two.