[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Caution signs on trucks

detlef

Just curious whether those "Stay back x feet, not responsible for broken windshield" disclaimers would actually ever hold up.

That is not, after all, a contract that both parties agreed to. It's just one person essentially demanding that you do something a certain way or they're off the hook.

I ask because I was driving behind a dump truck and saw one that required a further distance than I'd ever seen before. 300 ft! That's an effing football field! I've seen 50 ft, 100 ft, but 300!? No less than 4-5 cars will pull in front of you if you give that guy 300 ft.

What if you had bullhorns blaring, "Stay out of my way! Not responsible if I smash into you!"

The dumbest one I've seen lately stated: "For safety, this vehicle does not exceed 65 mph."

The speed limit on I-75/I-85/I-20 N,S, E, W of downtown is 70...

If anything, not exceeding 65 mph in metro Atlanta is the least safe thing one can do.

The dumbest one I've seen lately stated: "For safety, this vehicle does not exceed 65 mph."

The speed limit on I-75/I-85/I-20 N,S, E, W of downtown is 70...

If anything, not exceeding 65 mph in metro Atlanta is the least safe thing one can do.

Yep--I think research has shown that it's not speed that kills, it is differences in speeds. If everybody is going 80, no problem. If 75% of people are going 80 and 25% of people are going 70, then you have problems.

Yep--I think research has shown that it's not speed that kills, it is differences in speeds. If everybody is going 80, no problem. If 75% of people are going 80 and 25% of people are going 70, then you have problems.

Yet some states have slower speed limits for trucks. :wacko:

Just curious whether those "Stay back x feet, not responsible for broken windshield" disclaimers would actually ever hold up.

That is not, after all, a contract that both parties agreed to. It's just one person essentially demanding that you do something a certain way or they're off the hook.

I ask because I was driving behind a dump truck and saw one that required a further distance than I'd ever seen before. 300 ft! That's an effing football field! I've seen 50 ft, 100 ft, but 300!? No less than 4-5 cars will pull in front of you if you give that guy 300 ft.

What if you had bullhorns blaring, "Stay out of my way! Not responsible if I smash into you!"

Is the sign actually visible at 300 feet?

IMO, it's a total crock - a badly secured load is a badly secured load regardless of the self-serving drivel on a sticker. Well, that's the logical view, I think, though the law is probably different.