[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Qwickster, we hardly knew yee.

The Irish Doggy

LMAO @ Netflix

Way to stick with a plan there, Netflix. I'm glad they scrapped the plan, but talk about a rudderless ship...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Netflix Inc. is abandoning its widely panned decision to separate its DVD-by-mail and Internet streaming services because it would make them more difficult to use.

Subscribers will be able to use both services under one account and one password, CEO Reed Hastings said Monday in a blog post.

Investors saw the reversal as an Oscar-worthy move, sending the stock up $11.24, or 9.6 percent, to $128.45 in premarket trading.

Less than a month ago, the Netflix said it would split the DVD rental business off on a new website, to be called Qwikster.

Subscribers howled at the move, saying they saw Netflix as a destination for movies in general and didn't want to manage two accounts.

"It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVDs," Hastings said in the blog post.

In July, the company said that customers who want streaming movies and DVDs will have to pay for them separately. The "Qwikster" announcement was a follow-up to that change. Analysts saw it as a way for Netflix to distance itself from the older DVD business, which has less future potential than Internet streaming.

Even with Monday's premarket bounce, Netflix's shares have been savaged by the price change and the "Qwikster" initiative. They've lost more than half their value since July.

Netflix Switches Over To Convenient New Physical Locations

LOS GATOS, CA—Officials at Netflix announced Thursday that the company has finally reached its long-term goal of constructing a chain of easily accessible stores. "Having actual physical locations was always our ultimate intent, and we are proud to provide our customers with the convenient option of driving to a nearby Netflix store and renting any available movie for just $3.99 per title," said Netflix spokesman Henry Regis, adding that the ease of physically walking through aisles and picking out DVDs will more than make up for the stores' minimized selection of titles. "We will also be implementing late fees to help ensure films are returned on time—that way no one misses a chance to rent the hottest new releases." Regis confirmed that the new physical locations will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and include easy after-hours drop-off boxes.

:wacko:

So let's see, they helped bankrupt Blockbuster by offering a similar service without the overhead of physical locations or burdon of late-fees... Then they follow that up by neddlessly splitting up their services into 2 companies, 1 of which being the DVD service that's becoming obsolete anyway... And now they're going to go full circle by transitioning their services into the same one they helped destroy.... Makes perfect sense!

So let's see, they helped bankrupt Blockbuster by offering a similar service without the overhead of physical locations or burdon of late-fees... Then they follow that up by neddlessly splitting up their services into 2 companies, 1 of which being the DVD service that's becoming obsolete anyway... And now they're going to go full circle by transitioning their services into the same one they helped destroy.... Makes perfect sense!

You familiar with the Onion? The above is satirical, and you know, fake.

You familiar with the Onion? The above is satirical, and you know, fake.

Ah I didn't click on the link, but wouldn't have surprised me with all the brilliant moves they're making lately.

When they announced the Quickster service, they tricked me into thinking I was getting an important email by making it direct from their CEO, and then today basically send out an apology email. My reply:

"Dear netflix,

Make up your mind before you send me a bunch of stupid emails. I'm not a stockholder. TIA".

Ah I didn't click on the link, but wouldn't have surprised me with all the brilliant moves they're making lately.

When they announced the Quickster service, they tricked me into thinking I was getting an important email by making it direct from their CEO, and then today basically send out an apology email. My reply:

"Dear netflix,

Make up your mind before you send me a bunch of stupid emails. I'm not a stockholder. TIA".

me either and was like :wacko: