[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton - Are we worried?

Papajohn

Are we worried about Cam Newton after the loss to Tennessee?

I have more or less put my entire season on Cam Newton in several leagues, so I guess I might make a big thing out of nothing.

<BeginYodaVoice> One game a season does not make! <EndYodaVoice>

Don't try to talk yourself into a problem that isn't there yet, you can't expect all world numbers every game, unless you own A-Rod. But, that's why you build a team AROUND someone like Cam, so the rest of the guys are there to pick up the slack, when there's slack that needs to be picked up.

I'm not worried. The fact is that he's going to have his down games because he's a rookie and every QB except Rodgers has had there bad games through the season. Bree's, Stafford, Brady, Vick, etc. have all had had 1, 2, or more bad games.

Don't worry, the Titans had his number but not every team is going to be able to do the same.

I have been saying that I think he falls off a little bit down the stretch...but I have also not been sold on him even though he has done extremely well thus far regardless of him being a rookie or not....

he's doing what Denver wants Tebow to do but simply can't because he can't throw the ball accurately....

if I had him, I would be selling and would have probably sold him already to be honest....but that's just how I operate with my gut and it isn't always right, but it's right enough for me to continue to listen to it..

As an Auburn fan, I got him for $2 in my auction league draft. I never would have imagined him as my starter over Matt Ryan at the time. Now I can't imagine sitting him for Matty Ice. As someone else mentioned, his floor is very high and he can explode at any moment (ie: the SEC Championship game last year against South Carolina).

I dropped him and picked up Vick.

I'm going to say... Prob not the best idea... I have them both and Newton has put up far more points than Vick.. Esp with Vicks wonderful injuries in the beginning of the season and now his ribs.... I'm hoping that Vick bounces back.. I would really like to see him do better....