[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sandusky/Paterno victim bullied out of school

polksalet

Did you see, for instance, how Boeheim responded to the allegations at Syracuse? He stepped right up and called BS. Straight up. He didn't issue a "no comment" or "Hey guys, I'd love to address this but my lawyer says not to." Nope, he just laid it out there and called the dude a liar. He said, that dude brought this up years ago, they looked into it, nobody corroborated his story, and now he's back for more. Sounds like a guy with nothing to hide.

oops... :wacko:

Edited by detlef

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, and it was bigger, in particular, than those poor kids whose story might have brought ill repute to the mighty institution....which led everyone with any power to do anything at the mighty institution to sweep those kids under the rug and all the other kids that fell victim because nobody did anything. because "PSU is bigger" than all of them.

yeah, you're penn state all right. everyone who is inclined to say that right now is penn state. and you should be damned ashamed of it.

Obviously, I feel sick in my stomach that any of this happened to these kids. I hope that anyone and everyone who knew anything about it is held accountable. You know that wasn't my point.

I'm embarrassed about what a group of people at Penn State did. I am not ashamed to be a Penn State fan, as neither I, or most of the people at Penn State did anything wrong. I'm not one of the fans rallying around Paterno because of what he has done in the past. His legacy is tarnished to me and deservedly so.

Obviously, I feel sick in my stomach that any of this happened to these kids. I hope that anyone and everyone who knew anything about it is held accountable. You know that wasn't my point.

I'm embarrassed about what a group of people at Penn State did. I am not ashamed to be a Penn State fan, as neither I, or most of the people at Penn State did anything wrong. I'm not one of the fans rallying around Paterno because of what he has done in the past. His legacy is tarnished to me and deservedly so.

That "group of people" were the top brass of the institution you hold so dear. And Penn St is Joe Pa, we've been hearing it forever. You guys are not bigger than him. Let's say the Tressel thing was worse than a couple of kids selling spamshirts. OSU could conceivably play this card because they were OSU long before he came along, and they can toss him aside (along with anyone else involved in what went down) and just move on. They could point to decades upon decades that preceded the guys who went sideways.

And you know what? I'd still be offended and annoyed every time people rallied behind their "proud institution". But at least they'd have a point. You guys don't. That doesn't mean you did anything wrong. You believed in an icon, that's all.

That said, I do appreciate your stance since this has gone down. I've never been as loyal to an institution as you seem to be to PSU, and I'm sure it's not easy learning all this crap about something you've held so dear.

That "group of people" were the top brass of the institution you hold so dear. And Penn St is Joe Pa, we've been hearing it forever. You guys are not bigger than him. Let's say the Tressel thing was worse than a couple of kids selling spamshirts. OSU could conceivably play this card because they were OSU long before he came along, and they can toss him aside (along with anyone else involved in what went down) and just move on. They could point to decades upon decades that preceded the guys who went sideways.

And you know what? I'd still be offended and annoyed every time people rallied behind their "proud institution". But at least they'd have a point. You guys don't. That doesn't mean you did anything wrong. You believed in an icon, that's all.

That said, I do appreciate your stance since this has gone down. I've never been as loyal to an institution as you seem to be to PSU, and I'm sure it's not easy learning all this crap about something you've held so dear.

This really gets to the heart of it. This has been very tough to watch. It IS embarrassing that this happened at a school and to a person (Paterno) that I respected so much.

the institution of penn state football failed those kids. it's wasn't just a few random people, it was everyone in a position of power who had a chance to do the right thing and failed.

should you feel personal guilt for this failure because you've been a penn state fan? of course not, that is stupid. but nor should you, IMO, be expressing pride in an organization that failed so miserably and at every level in this affair.

the institution of penn state football failed those kids. it's wasn't just a few random people, it was everyone in a position of power who had a chance to do the right thing and failed.

should you feel personal guilt for this failure because you've been a penn state fan? of course not, that is stupid. but nor should you, IMO, be expressing pride in an organization that failed so miserably and at every level in this affair.

Fair enough