[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To evict or not to evict...

SEC=UGA

Should the Sheriff have upheld the law and Deutch Bank's rights to their property or not?

Vita Lee, 103, has shared her northwest Atlanta home with her 83-year-old daughter for 53 years.

Deutch Bank planned to evict the women Tuesday, but the movers and Fulton County sheriff's deputies sent to the home did not remove them, Channel 2 Action News reported.

Lee, whose 104th birthday is three weeks away, told Channel 2 that she was not worried about being kicked out of her Penelope Road home.

"No, I knew that they know what they were doing. God don't let them do wrong," she said.

The situation seemed to affect Lee's daughter, who was rushed to the hospital Tuesday, Channel 2 said.

The legal fight over eviction started in 2009 and stems from a second mortgage taken out years ago by another family member, the report said. Lee hopes a deal can be reached so she can remain in her home.

"I love it. It's a mansion," she said

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/deputies-m...ct-1245741.html

Interesting story.

The banks do nothing wrong. When the deadbeats do not pay for money recieved, the banks turn to law enforcement and are told that though they, the bank, are correct that law enforcement will not do its job. Essentially they say screw the law, we just don't want to enforce it.

Then a bunch of atlanta politicians chime in. They don't put their money where their mouth is and pay the arrears. Nope, they use their taxpayer paid time to address a private legal matter, one in which they have no standing, and their solution is to say that the aggreived party should take it in the shorts because the old woman is loveable. They cojole the aggreived party to take the loss. They encourage lack of responsibility. They in effect encourage persons to not live up to their obligations.

The best part is that this is all seen as good, right, and even heroic by some.

It's not these little old ladies fault that the benefits of the US financial instiution bailouts (paid for with their tax dollars) haven't trickled down to them yet.

What a bunch of deutsches.

Are you telling me that the money that was to trickle down in the 80's has not made it to them yet? :wacko:

I agree, the bank is a bunch of dill weeds.

Are you telling me that the money that was to trickle down in the 80's has not made it to them yet? :wacko:

I agree, the bank is a bunch of dill weeds.

Well the money was placed into CDs for everyone, but we can't touch those until the banks go belly up.

Hopelessly inaccurate.

Sarchasm accurate.

In 2002, Ali Muhammad, the grandson of Vinia Hall, got a second mortgage on the house from Deutsche Bank National Trust, according to Fulton County Civil Superior Court records. That loan ultimately was administered by Chase.

Muhammad was listed as the owner, though his grandmother had lived in it for decades. Seven years after getting the loan -- in March 2009 – Deutsche foreclosed on the property.

This is all it says, which begs the question - did he misrepresent himself as the home owner to the bank? And if so, who diligence is it to ensure he IS the owner? There's more to this.

Which is more likely, they didn't do a title search, or the borrower/owner simply defaulted?

The woman paid her home off. What's in dispute is the sketchy reported details of a second mortgage.

If the bank got scammed into giving a mortgage to someone they shouldn't have why should she be evicted from a home she has paid for?

That's the free market right there: you won't stay in business if you're too busy selling mortgages to people you should be.

I agree with you, I don't know what you are evading.

Which is more likely, the bank made a mistake, or the borrower simply didn't pay?

In this day and age of robosignings & BS aggresive lending tactics, I give it 50/50 because there's no way to know.

And I'm glad you agree that the borrower in question doesn't appear to be the homeowner.

In this day and age of robosignings & BS aggresive lending tactics, I give it 50/50 because there's no way to know.

That's your opinion.

And I'm glad you agree that the borrower in question doesn't appear to be the homeowner.

Granny signed a 2nd to get her grandson a record deal is more likely.

In order for her to be evicted this had t go to court, this is not in dispute according to the report. The court determined that the property was legitimate collateral for the loan. It was then determined that she could be legally evicted. The Sheriffs Department was assigned the task of evicting the woman. When they got there and saw that she was 103 yo they decided against forcibly removing her.

The lesson here is that OWS should comprise their ranks exclusively of 90+ yo men and women.

In order for her to be evicted this had t go to court, this is not in dispute according to the report. The court determined that the property was legitimate collateral for the loan. It was then determined that she could be legally evicted. The Sheriffs Department was assigned the task of evicting the woman. When they got there and saw that she was 103 yo they decided against forcibly removing her.

The lesson here is that OWS should comprise their ranks exclusively of 90+ yo men and women.

The lesson is that perhaps the stinking chit banks can no longer rely on every law enforcement official to do their dirty work for them. Perhaps.

It's not these little old ladies fault that the benefits of the US financial instiution bailouts (paid for with their tax dollars) haven't trickled down to them yet.

What a bunch of deutsches.

This reminds me of something that I've never totally been able to figure out. So, I'm truly asking what I'm missing.

Banks were in trouble because a bunch of loans went south. Not assigning blame on either side here.

US Government gave the banks a bunch of money to bail them out but the people on the other side of these loans were still on the hook?

Couldn't we have taken care of both sides with the exact same amount of money by simply paying off the loans on behalf of those people?

This topic has been brought up but typically to sarcastic one-liners about Obama buying you a house or what not.

What, precisely, went down?

I think it's pretty sad that people are blaming the EVIL bank on this one, when it seems like the biggest D-Bag is clearly the Grandson who pretty much took off with a bunch of money and left two old ladies out to dry. Where is he? Why haven't people tracked him down and asked him why he burritoed over his 103 yeaar old Grandmother?

I think it's pretty sad that people are blaming the EVIL bank on this one, when it seems like the biggest D-Bag is clearly the Grandson who pretty much took off with a bunch of money and left two old ladies out to dry. Where is he? Why haven't people tracked him down and asked him why he burritoed over his 103 yeaar old Grandmother?

True dat. Further, how big was the 2nd the grandson took out? Is there no equity left in the house? Can they not do a reverse mortgage or something?

I don't know? Why don't the deutsches at the bank, get their judgment against the party that is actually in the wrong, the Grandson, and leave the two little old ladies alone? That's a good question. Maybe the deutsches at the bank figure they are going to have to eat a $400,000,000.00 euro loss in Greece so they need the house?