[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early jump on New Years Resolutions

fingfootball

Well, last year I quit smoking for New Years. This year I put on about 30 pounds because I quit. So this year I have my resolution ready to go. Not going to try to put a number on how much I want to lose, but going to work hard on losing all this weight I put on.

Nope, but wanted to give you a :wacko: for yours. :tup:

Well, last year I quit smoking for New Years. This year I put on about 30 pounds because I quit. So this year I have my resolution ready to go. Not going to try to put a number on how much I want to lose, but going to work hard on losing all this weight I put on.

:wacko: on both counts.

I'm not a resolution guy but I set goals. 2012's goal is a 5k under 21 minutes, I want to get my mile time under 7 minutes.

Find a downhill course. :rofl:

:rofl:

I too am going for the hyper-original "lose a bunch of weight". I have about 60 to 70 to shed, but my real goal is to get into a "loose" 36. I already bought the pants I'm shooting to get into. (Hopefully she won't object :tup: )

But, seriously. Good luck. It is a hard fight and really frustrating at times. The world around us is not generally geared to taking the weight off. Heck, even kids scooters are electric powered now. :wacko: I refuse to get that crap for my kids.

I have found the hardest part about taking off weight is getting your family to be truly supportive. They are the ones that unintentionally tend to torpedo your efforts. There is no malus in what they do, they just don't have any ownership in your efforts. It is hard to eat a light chicken and salad while the kids are scarfing down cheeseburgers ( that you have to cook on the grill for them :lol: )

Getting earnest support from those around you is more than half the battle.

:rofl:

I too am going for the hyper-original "lose a bunch of weight". I have about 60 to 70 to shed, but my real goal is to get into a "loose" 36. I already bought the pants I'm shooting to get into. (Hopefully she won't object :tup: )

But, seriously. Good luck. It is a hard fight and really frustrating at times. The world around us is not generally geared to taking the weight off. Heck, even kids scooters are electric powered now. :wacko: I refuse to get that crap for my kids.

I have found the hardest part about taking off weight is getting your family to be truly supportive. They are the ones that unintentionally tend to torpedo your efforts. There is no malus in what they do, they just don't have any ownership in your efforts. It is hard to eat a light chicken and salad while the kids are scarfing down cheeseburgers ( that you have to cook on the grill for them :lol: )

Getting earnest support from those around you is more than half the battle.

Agreed. Same battle here. Somehow my wife's evening is not complete without baking something sweet... damn her petite -no matter what she eats-frame!

I'm starting early and have been on a low carb, low fat diet for a few weeks. My blood sugar has been in good control for a year or so now (diabetic), but I've managed to do that without losing much weight. Time to change that.

Find a downhill course. :tup:

If I could find 3.2 miles of downhill in Dallas, it would be my best shot... :wacko: BTW, if anyone is runningthe White Rock Marathontomorrow, me the wife and girls will be somewhere between mile 14 and 16 handing out water and cheering so post a bib #.

Also a 2012 goal would be to finally finish BS, been looking into on-line options on that. I don't care where it is from, it is a personal disappointment that I never finished that.

If I could find 3.2 miles of downhill in Dallas, it would be my best shot... :tup: BTW, if anyone is runningthe White Rock Marathontomorrow, me the wife and girls will be somewhere between mile 14 and 16 handing out water and cheering so post a bib #.

Also a 2012 goal would be to finally finish BS, been looking into on-line options on that. I don't care where it is from, it is a personal disappointment that I never finished that.

:wacko:

On the run portion of the last tri I did it was downhill the last half mile. I went from 7:30 average on the previous 5 to a 6:30 on the last mile. I was booking on that downhill portion. :lol: