[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

URGENT --- need a new machine for the office

muck

My fax machine died some time ago.

My scan / copy / print machine lost its ability to scan and copy today.

I own a bunch of expensive (and non-returnable) ink for the scan / copy / print machine that is pretty much unusable (unless its sold on eBay).

...so...

Either I get a new/refurbished Xerox C2424 machine (regardless of whether or not it has a fax option) ... or ... I use the print function on the existing machine as long as I can and get a new scan / copy / fax machine.

QUESTION --- I need the best bang-for-the-buck machine for an entrepreneurial shop ... hopefully that can be purchased tomorrow morning and be installed by noon. Suggestions?

Right.

I'm most in need of the identity of a good machine that will copy/scan ... and a fax function would be great, too. I love my Xerox C2424; it's served me well for the past eight years or so (it doesn't fax), but they don't make them any more...so, I'm probably looking for a different machine.

Do NOT buy a dell.

Get a Brother, you can buy them at Staples and such if you need one right away. Plus ink is easy to get. They are networkable, and easy to use.

We use one like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....ther&Page=2

The young lady speaks the truth. I have a Brother 9440 solid machine, networked. Toner is bit pricey but started buying toner from an online place for half the price and it's here the next day.

ETA: I bought it from staples online it was a refurbished free shipping next day delivery for around 4 bills this was about 3+ years ago.

Edited by evil_gop_liars

I recently bought a Canon Pixma MX882 and I'm really happy with it. It's a scanner/printer/fax and does all three flawlessly. My favorite feature is the wireless networking. Wife can send coupons from her laptop in the kitchen to the printer downstairs in my office to be printed. It's an inkjet so obviously ink will be pricey when it's time to replace. But I don't use it nearly as much as it sounds like you will.

I've heard from many sources that Brother is the best brand though. The Canon had the best combination of functionality and price for my needs and got great reviews.

Do NOT buy a dell.

Get a Brother, you can buy them at Staples and such if you need one right away. Plus ink is easy to get. They are networkable, and easy to use.

We use one like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....ther&Page=2

you are probably right and I wouldnt buy another one. Mainly because it is a hassel to update the driver. Just got a new laptop and I cannot update the driver in the Dell.

I recently bought a Canon Pixma MX882 and I'm really happy with it. It's a scanner/printer/fax and does all three flawlessly. My favorite feature is the wireless networking. Wife can send coupons from her laptop in the kitchen to the printer downstairs in my office to be printed. It's an inkjet so obviously ink will be pricey when it's time to replace. But I don't use it nearly as much as it sounds like you will.

I've heard from many sources that Brother is the best brand though. The Canon had the best combination of functionality and price for my needs and got great reviews.

Canon PIXMA good choice for home use not so good for business use unless you print 10 pages a day.