[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tales from deer....um, well...

evil_gop_liars

1) Obviously you shouldn't be shooting if you can't clearly see through the scope what you're shooting at. That's Gun 101.

2) Curious where this happened at. Either the guy had to be hunting where people could be walking through, or the lady was walking through an area that people hunt in. I mean, I know better than to go walking through my neighbor's property in south Georgia during hunting season without checking with them, and if it's not a secluded safe area or even public hunting grounds, he either shouldn't have been hunting there or certainly shouldn't have been trigger happy in those surroundings (pretty sickening from an officer of the law).... Either way, it's clear someone needed to be more cautious and aware of their surroundings.

Edited by delusions of granduer

1) Obviously you shouldn't be shooting if you can't clearly see through the scope what you're shooting at. That's Gun 101.

2) Curious where this happened at. Either the guy had to be hunting where people could be walking through, or the lady was walking through an area that people hunt in. I mean, I know better than to go walking through my neighbor's property in south Georgia during hunting season without checking with them, and if it's not a secluded safe area or even public hunting grounds, he either shouldn't have been hunting there or certainly shouldn't have been trigger happy in those surroundings (pretty sickening from an officer of the law).... Either way, it's clear someone needed to be more cautious and aware of their surroundings.

Or to put it more succinctly - "you're BOTH idiots."

Had something like that happen here in WI a few yrs back - teen wandered out of the house with a white blanket wrapped around him, and his grandfather shot and killed him.

Or to put it more succinctly - "you're BOTH idiots."

Had something like that happen here in WI a few yrs back - teen wandered out of the house with a white blanket wrapped around him, and his grandfather shot and killed him.

Little bastard shouldn't have been dragging the good linens outside in the yard... disrespectful little kids...

What was the grandfather hunting? Polar Bears?

When hunting whitetail deer, everything except the white is going to blend into the foliage, so you're going to be looking for a flash of white.

Of course, then you should be CERTAIN you're shooting at a deer as oppose to just doing a John Wayne-style "ready, fire, aim" on what may or may not be a deer. Like d-o-g said, that's Gun 101 - coming from a non-hunter who doesn't own a gun.

Years ago I saw camo toilet paper in a hunting catalog. I laughed. Then a good friend who was a hunter told me it's a necessity and explained why. I was like :tup::wacko: