[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Are you a plus card member?"

matt770

"Okay, one pack of gum, that's 82 cents. Could I get your e-mail address?"

Hey, why don't you go f*** yourself! :wacko:

It's getting to the point where I may choose where I shop based on whether they harass me with this crap. Why do I have to surrender my privacy to get your best price??

"Okay, one pack of gum, that's 82 cents. Could I get your e-mail address?"

Hey, why don't you go f*** yourself! :wacko:

It's getting to the point where I may choose where I shop based on whether they harass me with this crap. Why do I have to surrender my privacy to get your best price??

This is why I shop at Publix... Even though my wife got us one of those Kroger Plus Cards...

Seriously, I don't want some marketing manager going over my receipts and seeing that I buy Ice Cream, KY, a bottle of wine, chocolate syrup, ex-lax, Midol, and Kielbasa on Friday night...

This is why I shop at Publix... Even though my wife got us one of those Kroger Plus Cards...

Seriously, I don't want some marketing manager going over my receipts and seeing that I buy Ice Cream, KY, a bottle of wine, chocolate syrup, ex-lax, Midol, and Kielbasa on Friday night...

KY and Kielbasa :wacko:

I do really appreciate that about Publix. They are better than Kroger in countless ways.

I popped into Eddie Bauer for jeans because they had a huge sale after Christmas. I bought two pairs. The way the lady coerced me into joining their Friends program was downright brilliant, I felt like I simply couldn't say no. She shoved the application in my face and handed me a pen. They start sending me daily emails, I unsubscribe, the mails still come. I now have to filter them. The jeans didn't fit, I forgot about Winter Ass. Returned the jeans, will never, ever go back.

I popped into Eddie Bauer for jeans because they had a huge sale after Christmas. I bought two pairs. The way the lady coerced me into joining their Friends program was downright brilliant, I felt like I simply couldn't say no. She shoved the application in my face and handed me a pen. They start sending me daily emails, I unsubscribe, the mails still come. I now have to filter them. The jeans didn't fit, I forgot about Winter Ass. Returned the jeans, will never, ever go back.

:tup:

i have something that can help the jeans fit :wacko:

I do really appreciate that about Publix. They are better than Kroger in countless ways.

You shoulda just gone to J-Crew and bought some chinos.

Back when I was in college & had a couple of retail jobs the managers would always pressure us to sell customers crap they didn't want. I'd just tell them I'm not gonna do it and I'd still always be one of ones at the top in sales because the regular customers would come to me first. I never did get trying to push this crap on people.

My wife gets irritated with me when we shop at places like this because love giving them a hard time when they tell me how much I saved or when they ask if I'd like to save 15% by applying for their credit card.

Agree. And it's not just retail. I changed dentists because they gave me a pissy attitude when I wouldn't give them my SSN, my job title/company or my marital status :wacko: wtph does that have to do with anything? Here's my insurance card, that and maybe a phone # and address are all you need.