[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My latest hillbilly stunt

polksalet

So no bag limits down there. No tags? For the deer I mean, most small game, coons, rabbits, squirrels don't have much in the way of limits where I have lived, though they do have seasons of course. Generous seasons, but seasons.

At the time the bag limit on deer was 3.

they or anyone can kill all they want as long as they eat them!!

and as long as you don't get caught. I think I mentioned once on here that he once got drunk and stole a police car. He said if they gave him a ticket he would go to jail since it would be his 5th DUI and when he got out he would kill their families. He never served a day. I'm pretty sure I've told that story on here before.

they or anyone can kill all they want as long as they eat them!!

Not my experience in Wiconsin, Minnesota, New York, Wyoming or Colorado. In each you need a permit tag. In some you can procure tags for different hunting seasons, Bow, Black Powder, Shotgun or Rifle, but in my experience it is not common to get more than two tags.

Now in Colorado I have had tags in the same year for Elk, Deer and Antelope. I have never heard of killing as many as you want so long as you eat them except for Native Americans who have some unique rights in that regard. Still, my experience is limited.

thats about what i have . 25 acres- 6 miles from town and 25 minutes from 100,000. I love it

It's roughly 5 miles from Redwater which is essentially a family grocery store, Dollar General, Barber shop, school, and a dozen churches. The only downside if there is any is that this is extremely high value property (for the boonies) and there's little chance we'll be there long term. A friend of mine has about 250 acres 1/2 mile down the road that we have the run of as well. I think Jr will hate it at first. This subdivision is full of kids his age and he will miss giving them up for full time firewood and brush cutting duty but it will be good for him long term.

My bad. I assumed the land was your eventual destination rather than an investment.

That's because that would make some damn sense.

So you own land, that looks like chit, but "possibly" has some upside and you don't want to move there long term. You are just long term flipping it to sell to a developer. And your plan is to buy a mobile home (which would be pointless after you flip this land) to live on it with your son to teach him how to live like it's the great depression just in case he has to provide for his family some day? How about you buy him some books and bribe him to read the damn things so that he'll be self sufficient and employable enough to keep a job and provide for his family via his brain. You can buy him a book on survivalism and maybe camp out some weekends but this hillbilly chit is on a level of :wacko: that I've never even heard of before (and I live in Nebraska, hell Nuke is probably only a few hours from my house). Good luck, but you sound like you're going to end up on an A&E special between Dog the bounty hunter and Intervention.

That's because that would make some damn sense.

So you own land, that looks like chit, but "possibly" has some upside and you don't want to move there long term. You are just long term flipping it to sell to a developer. And your plan is to buy a mobile home (which would be pointless after you flip this land) to live on it with your son to teach him how to live like it's the great depression just in case he has to provide for his family some day? How about you buy him some books and bribe him to read the damn things so that he'll be self sufficient and employable enough to keep a job and provide for his family via his brain. You can buy him a book on survivalism and maybe camp out some weekends but this hillbilly chit is on a level of :wacko: that I've never even heard of before (and I live in Nebraska, hell Nuke is probably only a few hours from my house). Good luck, but you sound like you're going to end up on an A&E special between Dog the bounty hunter and Intervention.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I know more about land investing than you. I'd try and explain but you're not smart enough to understand.

And your plan is to buy a mobile home (which would be pointless after you flip this land) to live on it with your son to teach him how to live like it's the great depression just in case he has to provide for his family some day? How about you buy him some books and bribe him to read the damn things so that he'll be self sufficient and employable enough to keep a job and provide for his family via his brain. You can buy him a book on survivalism and maybe camp out some weekends but this hillbilly chit is on a level of :wacko: that I've never even heard of before (and I live in Nebraska, hell Nuke is probably only a few hours from my house). Good luck, but you sound like you're going to end up on an A&E special between Dog the bounty hunter and Intervention.

Some may hold the view that "self-sufficiency" and "keep a job" are mutually exclusive. Either you're self-sufficient, or you work for someone else. Either is ok, just call it what it is. :lol:

And, for the record, I'm all for Polk making decisions for and with his kin in a way that makes sense to him and them. :rofl::tup:

Some may hold the view that "self-sufficiency" and "keep a job" are mutually exclusive. Either you're self-sufficient, or you work for someone else. Either is ok, just call it what it is. :tup:

And, for the record, I'm all for Polk making decisions for and with his kin in a way that makes sense to him and them. :lol::wacko:

This.

I'm extremely grateful for many of the non-book learning I got from my father. I may have hated it at the time, but knowing how to build things and grow things does not suck now. It's not like Polk is ripping his kid out of school or anything.

This.

I'm extremely grateful for many of the non-book learning I got from my father. I may have hated it at the time, but knowing how to build things and grow things does not suck now. It's not like Polk is ripping his kid out of school or anything.

He understands string theory some and a little bit of loop quantum gravity. I figure it wont hurt him to learn how to skin a goat.

He understands string theory some and a little bit of loop quantum gravity. I figure it wont hurt him to learn how to skin a goat.

Start off with skinning cats.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I know more about land investing than you. I'd try and explain but you're not smart enough to understand.

If you think my post was criticizing your investing in land, you should be more prudent with insults about intelligence.

I have owned land with no intention for it other than to sell it again one day. The first time I did this I managed to obtain some nice subsidies in addition to rents. The ownership was profitable every year and the schedule D tax breaks beneficial also. After 30 years I sold the land. At purchase the land was $300 per acre. At sale it was nearly $30 K. During the time it was held the nearest incorporate city grew outward. They needed a well into the aquafer under my property and extending away from their boundaries to resolve a federal lawsuit about the quality of their municipal water. I was the closest option for them. I traded them 5 acres and the rights to the water for a well site and pump station. They extended utility lines to the rest of the property and annexed it under favorable zoning. I sold to a McMansion developer.

I currently own 1/4th of a full section of land currently being farmed and 80 acres (+ or -) of woodland good for nothing but hunting right now. I hope to use the 80 acres to acquire around 5 acres to retire on in a location that works for me. We will see.

Holding land with no current intention made sense for me.