[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pew Political IQ Quiz

SEC=UGA

The quiz is quite simple, but that is not really the point. What I find most interesting is the demographic breakdown on who answered the questions correctly (here.)

A few things that I picked out from looking at the answers given by the 18-29 demographic paints an interesting story.

They are dead on when it comes to the hot topic social issues, Abortion, Immigration and Gays and Lesbians and can identify the party who currently is most supportive of expanding rights/access to these groups/services. They out score the other two demographics on identifying who supports these issues.

They have issues, however, with identifying political figures, both current and historic. 43% know which party pelosi, boehner and FDR were/are from (48% knew Lincoln was a repub), much lower than the other demographics.

Also, they score on average, lower than the other two age groups on this exam.

One would expect the other outcomes from this quiz:

Men score higher as a group than wimmen. :D

Scores increase with years of education.

Scores increase with age.

Therefore, I would conclude that only males, who have a college degree and are 30+ years of age should be allowed to vote.

Wow, anyone who gets less than 7-8 on that test should be kicked out of the freaking country. I got 13 of 13 and feel about as proud about that as I was that I managed to wake up and take a poop this morning. I could, of course, see missing the past presidents and, hell, even not knowing who Boehner and Nancy P are, but jeebus, the rest? Honestly, had I learned that I missed one on that test, I would have been completely ashamed.

It would be improbable for 13% to score 0-3 correct unless they didn't even bother guessing. Just selecting answers at random would produce a distribution centered at 6.5 correct with not a huge variance up or down from that. One would be equally likely to guess 10-13 correct as 0-3, which tells me a lot of people are either really unlucky, answered wrong on purpose or didn't answer at all.

Wow, anyone who gets less than 7-8 on that test should be kicked out of the freaking country. I got 13 of 13 and feel about as proud about that as I was that I managed to wake up and take a poop this morning. I could, of course, see missing the past presidents and, hell, even not knowing who Boehner and Nancy P are, but jeebus, the rest? Honestly, had I learned that I missed one on that test, I would have been completely ashamed.

This

I still haven't pooped yet.... :kicksrock: