[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need RB draft help

fazezero

Hey guys I need help with the upcoming draft for my league. I am in a 16 team keeper league. This is year 2 with 16 teams so A LOT of players are being kept. I have the 4th overall pick in the draft and I really would like to select a rb at this spot. However, the players left over from not being kept are few and far between.

The players at rb I have to choose from at that spot is

Trent Richardson & Steven Jackson. Those are the only two players I really have any faith in doing anything.

My main problem with both are as follows. Trent is a rookie in a horrible division for a rookie to get the workload. Steven is a veteran with wayyyy too many miles on his legs.

I need your help.Which player would you go for and why? Thanks so much for your time and consideration.Can't wait to hear from everyone.

Not really because my keeper league doesn't work at all like common keeper leagues.

and how is it different, you didn't really explain.

And if you have only the 4th pick, what makes you think Richardson will even be there?

Trent will be there because the 3 guys who are drafting in front of me are keeping a player in that rd. So I basically have the 1st actual selection because I don't have a keeper in that rd. With that said the remaining 2 best rbs are Steven Jackson and Trent Richardson

Not really because my keeper league doesn't work at all like common keeper leagues.

Do you think that providing this sort of information would be in any way a little bit helpful for anyone trying to provide input, especially since you imply that the keeper rules are different enough that one would even have difficulty deciding between Richardson and Jackson in a keeper league.

Do you think that providing this sort of information would be in any way a little bit helpful for anyone trying to provide input, especially since you imply that the keeper rules are different enough that one would even have difficulty deciding between Richardson and Jackson in a keeper league.

exactly, the question asked is pretty common sense and you'd take Richardson 100% of the time without question. But he said his keeper leagues are unique and yet doesn't tell us what they are.

My keeper league rules are as follows. Each team can keep up to 3 players providing they have the rd to keep that player. The rd you must keep a certain player is determined by taking the ADP of that player divided by 16 add 1 then take that number and add that to the rd number that player was drafted in previous year draft divided by 2. So in lahmans terms. Say I have Darren McFadden. His ADP is 18.02 from a site we use . You divide 18.02 by 16 which is 1.12 then you add 1. It will give you a average rd of rd 2 he's drafted in. You then take his previous year draft rd and add that to the adp rd. Last year I drafted dmc in rd 2 so I take 2+2 equals 4. Divide that number by 2 and that's the rd I must keep dmc in. So the reason I say it really doesn't matter if I draft Trent or Steven Jackson because of a keeper league is because regardless I'm taking either in rd 1 which will make them both high keepers next year because of their precious year draft rd. So if next year Trent's adp rd is 1 and I drafted him in rd 1 this year then if I want to keep him then I must use my 1st rd pick next year to keep him. Same goes for Jackson

One of these players is regularly going in the 1st round of redrafts, and one of the top picks in keeper leagues.

The other is often seen in the 3rd/4th round.

Which one do you think you should take if it is going to likely cost you the same to keep them from here on out?

So yes, it is a pretty common sense question.

Now, if you had come back with somethng like your unique rules make it so that you can't keep Richardson past this year, but you could keep SJax for up to 3 more years for your 6th rounder, than it would be a discussion and most would suggest SJax, I would think.

In a keeper league this should be a common sense question, no offense.

Is there some sort of cynicism in your remarks. Never once did I say it wasn't a common sense answer. I feel distain in your responses

I beg to differ with your bolded comment.

I was referring to my keeper league not being the same as others. Never thought posting a simple question either Trent of Jackson and why would be quite psychoanalyzed to a point that is far from the topic itself

I said it was a common sense question and you said no it wasn't since your league had unique rules, but the rules aren't unique. In redrafts Richardson is a late first, early second round pick. SJAX is a late third, early 4th. In a keeper Richardson is also better since he's a lot younger. So yes this is a common sense question.

No offense, but I wonder how much you know about fantasy football if you can't decide between these two players. In a redraft you'd take Richardson, in a keeper it's Richardson by a mile.

How is it Richardson by a mile for my keeper league. ? When I'm taking both of them in rd 1 regardless of the ADP. So next year for their keeper spot the no brainer seems to be sjax because if he's a 4th rd adp next year then he will be a 2nd rd keeper rather than a 1st. You say he's a no brainer because of his age? That means nothing in my league. It's all about draft position and last year draft spot. Rookies coming into the league unless you strike gold and say last year draft cam newton in rd 11 and this year his adp is rd 1 which makes him a6th rd keeper in my league is the only time a rookie matters. More of a sleeper .

can't you just accept the fact that everyone here has told you Richardson is the choice and yet you keep trying to defend SJAX. If you really want to draft SJAX that bad then fine do it, nobody here is stopping you.

My keeper league rules are as follows. Each team can keep up to 3 players providing they have the rd to keep that player. The rd you must keep a certain player is determined by taking the ADP of that player divided by 16 add 1 then take that number and add that to the rd number that player was drafted in previous year draft divided by 2. So in lahmans terms. Say I have Darren McFadden. His ADP is 18.02 from a site we use . You divide 18.02 by 16 which is 1.12 then you add 1. It will give you a average rd of rd 2 he's drafted in. You then take his previous year draft rd and add that to the adp rd. Last year I drafted dmc in rd 2 so I take 2+2 equals 4. Divide that number by 2 and that's the rd I must keep dmc in. So the reason I say it really doesn't matter if I draft Trent or Steven Jackson because of a keeper league is because regardless I'm taking either in rd 1 which will make them both high keepers next year because of their precious year draft rd. So if next year Trent's adp rd is 1 and I drafted him in rd 1 this year then if I want to keep him then I must use my 1st rd pick next year to keep him. Same goes for Jackson

Nowhere in this, do I see any reason to ever consider picking Steven Jackson instead of Trent Ricardson.

Edited by Papajohn

I'm defending the simple point of the array of insults. I'd rather you take your opinions to another post rather than make a mockery out of someone's post.

were telling you to pick Richardson and yet you keep defending SJAX. I'm not sure why you posted this question if you don't want our advice.

How is it Richardson by a mile for my keeper league. ? When I'm taking both of them in rd 1 regardless of the ADP. So next year for their keeper spot the no brainer seems to be sjax because if he's a 4th rd adp next year then he will be a 2nd rd keeper rather than a 1st. You say he's a no brainer because of his age? That means nothing in my league. It's all about draft position and last year draft spot. Rookies coming into the league unless you strike gold and say last year draft cam newton in rd 11 and this year his adp is rd 1 which makes him a6th rd keeper in my league is the only time a rookie matters. More of a sleeper .

So you're saying that you would use a 2nd round pick next year to protect a player that has an ADP of the 4th round (and likely a later ADP next year when he is a year older and quite possibly facing a greater split with Pead)? Really wouldn't matter what your other option was, whether a first rounder for Richardson or a different pick for a different player that outperforms their ADP, SJax is not a decent option for your 1st pick this year or for the pick you;d likely be giving up to keep him next year, regardless of the keeper rules based on the simple fact that Richardson, who is generally regarded as the better option not just this year but long term, is available to you.