[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Wayne for Percy Harvin?

Haus10

No way. R.Wayne looked incredible last week. Sure the Colts may suck, but Luck is VERY comfortable with R.Wayne and that's his go to receiver. Expect great numbers against subpar defenses, especially late in the game when they fall behind.

I'd put my money on Reggie Wayne...he put up nearly 1000 yards in 2011 and that was with no Manning. With the Colts defense the way it is, Luck is constantly going to be throwing the ball trying to catch up. It all adds up to a huge year for Wayne if you ask me...

• Like 1

Here is my logic in to Wayne and it is a situational logic. So if you do not have similar WRs on your team already (which you should post your team for us so we have more information to make a decision on) this may not work for you:

Reggie Wayne over the season should see an additional 20% to 25% increase in his yardage and a bump of 3-5 TDs from last year's status w/out Manning throwing to him (75 receptions, 960 yards 4 TDs). We all know why and that is due to Luck leaning heavily on the only starting/#1 receiver they have to get him out of jams. Yes, defenses will double up on Wayne as the season goes on but look at how many times Luck looked to him. Yes, he is older and without Manning but Wayne will get his hands on the ball plenty of times this season and he knows how to score. So it would be reasonable to expect between 1152 - 1200 yards, 7 - 9 TDs from him this year. This is what I call my 'solid' WR for my WR corp.

On our league we can start anywhere from 1 - 3 WRs and we do not have a mandatory TE position to fill. I have to draft one that I know will give me steady points each week. Someone i don't really have to worry about. If you don't have that one WR you can plug in and not worry about then I strongly suggest Wayne. For me, I'd rather have 2 high risk/high reward and 1 low risk/low reward WRs than 3 HR/HR. If you hit a week where all three have crap games, it really hurts. With one solid, you at least have a chance to salvage the week and hope your one of your RBs or QB have a beast game to make up the points.