[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The huddle saying to sell Foster?

Slugs3511

I have Arian in a number of leagues and I just read the "under the numbers" was that what they are saying....Sell him....? Come on....I have often believed in a lot I read here and have benefitted from it a lot, but this one is a head scratcher....Can anyone shed light on this...?I also play all PPR leagues so am I missing the boat with just standard scoring.?

I have Arian in a number of leagues and I just read the "under the numbers" was that what they are saying....Sell him....? Come on....I have often believed in a lot I read here and have benefitted from it a lot, but this one is a head scratcher....Can anyone shed light on this...?I also play all PPR leagues so am I missing the boat with just standard scoring.?

Are you in a dynasty league?

Um, I think those that recommend trading Foster are saying so based on the fact that the Texans could have homefield wrapped up sooner rather than later and would opt to rest their stud RB for the playoffs. If you could somehow get excellent value for him, perhaps you'd consider it.

True that the Texans might have things wrapped up and could rest starters at the end of the season, but I think what the author was hinting at was the fact that Foster will be pushed over the 370 carry threshold that in nearly every case ends in disaster for the RB.

That is not to say that Foster won't be viable through the rest of the season, but his YPC is likely to continue to drop as the carries pile up. But the real danger with Foster is for owners in dynasty and keeper leagues. In these leagues Foster should be dealt immediately if it is possible to do so.

This isn't conjecture, it is a documented fact that RBs with over 370 carries in a season crash and burn. I think there has been one player in the history of modern football that bucked the trend and that was Eric Dickerson. Every other RB that passed the 370 mark had a marked downturn the following season, and for many they were never the same again. Foster is headed for a cliff and his clueless coach is mashing the gas pedal. Whether or not the full manifestation of this damage is apparent by season's end or not is anybody's guess, but the red flags the author speaks of are absolutely real, and Foster owners should prepare for the inevitible.

• Like 2