[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Total Crap & Rate

Hey all,

Well we had an interesting draft last night. This bonehead at the 12th spot took Brees and Graham for his first two picks. Bold move in itself, but it doesn't end there! He proceeds to take Peyton Manning and Tom Brady with his next two picks, which completely changed the draft. I had Luck or Romo pegged as my QB in round 7 or 8 depending on who still needed QB's and if there was anyone better available in round 7, but both Romo and Luck went in the 6th round. At this point everyone had at least 1 QB, so I waited to pull the trigger.

It's a PPR league with the following positions; QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX(RB/WR/TE), K, DEF

QB - 11.126 - Sam Bradford

RB - 1.6 - Ray Rice

RB or Bench - 2.19 - Chris Johnson

RB or Flex 3.3 - Darren Sproles

WR - 4.43 - Wes Welker

WR - 5.54 - Mike Wallace

WR - 7.78 - Lance Moore

TE - 6.67 - Vernon Davis

K - 15.174 - Matt Pratter

DEF - 14.163 - Giants

Flex, RB or Bench - 8.91 - Daryl Richardson

Flex, WR or Bench - 9.102 - Kenbrelle Thompkins

Flex, TE or Bench - 10.115 - Jordan Cameron

Option at QB - 12.139 - Joe Flacco

BN - 13.150 - Cordarelle Patterson

Option at QB - 16.187 - Alex Smith

The stars are lined up for Bradford to have a breakout year. Second year offense for the first time in his career and a boatload of new weapons. However, I needed backup in case he flunks.

I took Flacco since I have Rice. I think it's going to go one of two ways in Baltimore.

A. Flacco earns his paycheck (plus the Ravens D took a hit so they may be playing from behind this year).

Result = Rice has his average year and Flacco puts up good numbers

or

B. He turns back to captain check-down.

Result = Increased numbers for Rice and I don't play Flacco

Smith has upside but he's only considered if Bradford and Flacco both bust.

I like my options at RB and Flex. If Johnson has another letdown year, I can plug Sproles in that spot and move Richardson, Thompkins, or Cameron into the flex spot.

WR's hurt.. Who knows how Welker's Chemistry will be with Manning and he's going to have to fight for receptions. Wallace has a lot of upside and Moore will put up good numbers. But it is admittedly weaker than I'd like.

Love my TE's

As far as DEF goes... does anyone else think the Detroit Defense is worth taking? I did some research into their losses and gains in the off-season and they seem to have improved on defense. However, everyone if ranking them low this year. Detroit or NYG?

OK, I think if everyone Avoidins trading with QB guy, then fine.

But the commish vetoing any trades is Terribly Horribly wrong and fantasy immoral.

It is a strategy and there is nothing illegal about it.

If no one Wants to trade with him cool, but vetoing trades just cause is so wrong.

QB - 11.126 - Sam Bradford - upside

RB - 1.6 - Ray Rice - nice

RB or Bench - 2.19 - Chris Johnson - i think he will be a solid RB2

RB or Flex 3.3 - Darren Sproles - nice flex but i am skeptical on him

WR - 4.43 - Wes Welker - lets see what happens in DEN

WR - 5.54 - Mike Wallace - riskky but upside

WR - 7.78 - Lance Moore - solid WR3

TE - 6.67 - Vernon Davis - i think he will have a great year

K - 15.174 - Matt Pratter - w/e

DEF - 14.163 - Giants - ehh

Flex, RB or Bench - 8.91 - Daryl Richardson - nice i like him alot

Flex, WR or Bench - 9.102 - Kenbrelle Thompkins - upside

Flex, TE or Bench - 10.115 - Jordan Cameron - nice i expect big things

Option at QB - 12.139 - Joe Flacco -boo

BN - 13.150 - Cordarelle Patterson - lots of upside but has ponder throwing to him..

Option at QB - 16.187 - Alex Smith - i see a good amount of tds in the 30 range.

Edited by bwebs13

Oh boo hoo ya whiners, the guy has a plan you don't like so you're going to block him, take your marbles and go home? I understand if you want to gang up and not trade, but for the commish to nix any trade out of spite is childish.

While it may be a piss off move by him it's not illegal or cheating so take the pacifiers out and deal with it.

it was already agreed, when it happened, that the commish will be vetoing any attempted trade.

You are actually blaming a guy taking Manning and Brady at 36/37 for that team you have? Looks like lower than 3rd will ironically be in your future.

Edited by Chuckyone

it was already agreed, when it happened, that the commish will be vetoing any attempted trade.

Bunch of BS. You, your commish and your league mates have no place in fantasy football. You are the lowest form of scum, a bunch of collusive whiny beeotches.

Good, I hate a tactic like that. He should have to drop them and pick up replacement players from waivers. Although I'm not sure how I would deal with people on waivers fighting for the QBs he drops.

Why can't he draft and manage his team the way he wants? It's a legit strategy, no different than the guys that draft 4 or 5 RBs in the first rounds in hopes of moving them later on.

Just to be clear, while I don't like the tactic, I agree that vetoing might not be the best course of action. Which is why I suggested refusing to trade with him. In any typical league, people that do things of that nature will be shunned and if it pisses enough people off, not asked back next season.

Im confused on something... If Mr QB took 3 in succession, how did you not get some more talent in your open slots??

Honestly, I'd rather have Cameron starting at TE and wouldnt have wasted a 6th round pick on Davis

Davis is the Bert Emmanuel of fantasy the last few years lol. Each year you think he's going to bust out, he shows some promise, then disappears again leaving fantasy owners scratching their heads.

Just to be clear, while I don't like the tactic, I agree that vetoing might not be the best course of action. Which is why I suggested refusing to trade with him. In any typical league, people that do things of that nature will be shunned and if it pisses enough people off, not asked back next season.

Actually, you said that he should be forced to drop the players.

And if I, as another owner, can make a good trade for a QB with the guy, I am going to make that trade. I will manage my team the way I want to, he can manage his team the way he wants to, and you can manage your team the way you want to.

Let's face it, with the way this league is apparently riled up over the move, it appears his strategy may be working as we already have one owner saying oh boo hoo, my draft strategy of waiting for Romo until the 7th got blown up and I failed to adjust to another owner's drafting actions so rather than blame myself I will blame him, and then we will all cheat against this owner so he conforms to what we think should be a proper strategy.

• Like 1

You are actually blaming a guy taking Manning and Brady at 36/37 for that team you have? Looks like lower than 3rd will ironically be in your future.

Nope, not blaming him at all. I could care less he wishes to be in the basement. I sure as hell won't be there with him. I got the same sort of reactions last year and proceeded to win 2 of 3 leagues and came in 2nd in the other. So, bring on the negative responses, I love them!! :)

Refusing to trade is one way to make his tactic backfire and cause him to rethink doing it again, but to disallow it because you're pissed he chose that tactic and acting like butthurt whiners because it messed up YOUR strategy is lame. If you are that inflexible to out of the ordinary draft strategies that it totally screws with your head and you can't recover then too bad for you imo.

Nope, not blaming him at all. I could care less he wishes to be in the basement. I sure as hell won't be there with him. I got the same sort of reactions last year and proceeded to win 2 of 3 leagues and came in 2nd in the other. So, bring on the negative responses, I love them!! :)

The negative responses aren't about your team, it's that you are a league of colluders and apparently proud of it.

Actually, you said that he should be forced to drop the players.

Yes I did, a bit hastily I might add. I see your points and agree anyone can do anything they please. I see the reasoning, but just see it as foolish to take that kind of risk.

"He proceeds to take Peyton Manning and Tom Brady with his next two picks, which completely changed the draft."

Looks like some blaming to me.

And anyone who has played FF long enough with any brains at all can win leagues in any given year. I'm sure many here have won multiple championships. Play in enough leagues and you can claim victory occasionally, it's nothing special. I'll brag to my friends who I'm in the leagues with, but those on here could mostly care less how I pat myself on the back.

Yes I did, a bit hastily I might add. I see your points and agree anyone can do anything they please. I see the reasoning, but just see it as foolish to take that kind of risk.

I'll agree it is likely foolish, but it is his right within league rules to draft and build his team the way he wants to.