[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

User Groups

If you look at your profile next to the status bar showing the amount of posts you have made...you will notice, what I believe is, a group associated to the user. You will see group names like moderator, admin, member, veteran, etc...

Well, what is the difference between being a "member" and a "vateran"? Can we pick which one we would like to be? If so, I haven't found out where. Is there a listing of these groups? I know what moderator or admin would be, obviously, but what other groups are there?

Compare these two profiles and you will see that one is listed in the "veteran" group. I am listed in the members group.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showuser=7066

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showuser=434

Thanks very much! :-)

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in that little label. It is probably tied to the number of posts you have. If you aren't an administrator or moderator then you start life as a "newbie" eventually become a "member" then a "veteran". It's no big deal, really. You will notice that the number of blue bars differs depending on post count as well.

Close, all members before the transformation are either "member", "moderator", or "administrator".

Anyone registering after the transformation are listed as "newbie" until a certian number of posts (25?), then are listed as "veteran".

Close, all members before the transformation are either "member", "moderator", or "administrator". 

Anyone registering after  the transformation are listed as "newbie" until a certian number of posts (25?), then are listed as "veteran".

325635[/snapback]

So Veterans are still Noobs forever lol

Anyone registering after  the transformation are listed as "newbie" until a certian number of posts (25?), then are listed as "veteran".

325635[/snapback]

I'm not so sure of that Big John. Phenom has been here forever (#52) with several thousand posts and he is a "member" not a "veteran". I think the change may be closer to 3000 posts than 25.

Not that it matters. :D

Edit: Well 3000 isn't it either... rajn' has 4600+ and he is just a "member".

It was updated since my last visit to this thread....all are listed in the group of "Members"

Also there is another category based on number of posts:

Newbie (1 square) 0-24 posts

Veteran (3 squares) 25-99 posts

Huddler (5 squares) 100-999 posts

Huddler Pro (7 squares) 1000-4999 posts

Huddler MVP (9 squares) 5000+ posts

It was updated since my last visit to this thread....all are listed in the group of "Members"

Also there is another category based on number of posts:

Newbie (1 square) 0-24 posts

Veteran (3 squares) 25-99 posts

Huddler (5 squares) 100-999 posts

Huddler Pro (7 squares) 1000-4999 posts

Huddler MVP (9 squares) 5000+ posts

327630[/snapback]

OooooHhhh :D