[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

10 team ppr league, but catches only get you .5 points instead of a full point.

Running backs just fell to me in the draft and I just couldn't pass on some of them. McCoy, Gio Bernard, vereen are my first 3 rbs. Have spiller and Fred jackson as my 4th and 5th rbs.

Should I try to trade one of them for a receiver or combo them in a trade for a better receiver.

Jordy Nelson and Torrey smith are my top 2 receivers. Think I could get a better WR2 out of this trade? If so who would be a fair deal?

I love your RB's. and you could have done worse than Nelson and Torrey Smith too.

I would not force any deals. I would just let people know that need RB's that you have Spiller and Fred Jackson and would like to upgrade over Torry Smith at WR. I would keep the other 3 (McCoy, Bernard and Vereen) as they are a solid foundation for a winning team, unless someone makes you a offer you cannot pass up.

Who is your 3rd WR?

• Like 1

Emmanuel sanders, Riley cooper, kelvin Benjamin, amendola

Qb's Russell Wilson and rivers

TE is Bennett.

You think I should try to upgrade another position besides wr2? I like my Russell Wilson rivers combo a lot. Maybe too much. But it would have to be a great deal to go after a qb

my league is a 10 man team we play a

1 qb

2 rb

2wr

1 te

1flex w/r/t

1 k

1d

my team consists of

peterson

gore

ball

spiller

marshall

crabtree

maclin

steve smith

decker

palmer

cutler

gates

vernon davis

vinatieri

49ers

i was wondering who should i start for week one gore or spiller?

Emmanuel sanders, Riley cooper, kelvin Benjamin, amendola

Qb's Russell Wilson and rivers

TE is Bennett.

You think I should try to upgrade another position besides wr2? I like my Russell Wilson rivers combo a lot. Maybe too much. But it would have to be a great deal to go after a qb

To be honest, after looking at your team you really don't need to make any moves. you got great depth at WR and you can play your guys by the matchup if Torrey Smith does not pan out as a permanent WR2.

I would sit still and tell everyone you are happy with your team. That will make teams come to you with offers and maybe you can find someone willing to overpay for someone.

my league is a 10 man team we play a

1 qb

2 rb

2wr

1 te

1flex w/r/t

1 k

1d

my team consists of

peterson

gore

ball

spiller

marshall

crabtree

maclin

steve smith

decker

palmer

cutler

gates

vernon davis

vinatieri

49ers

i was wondering who should i start for week one gore or spiller?

Week 1 still a minute aways but as of now I would go with Gore. I think Jackson will hurt Spillers carries much more than Hyde will Gores.

To be honest, after looking at your team you really don't need to make any moves. you got great depth at WR and you can play your guys by the matchup if Torrey Smith does not pan out as a permanent WR2.

I would sit still and tell everyone you are happy with your team. That will make teams come to you with offers and maybe you can find someone willing to overpay for someone.

Yea I've kinda started to think the same thing. Just drafted Tuesday and I think I'm just getting too excited about it haha.

On another note though.. I feel like this is the best draft I've had. I'm pretty confident going into this year

Yea I've kinda started to think the same thing. Just drafted Tuesday and I think I'm just getting too excited about it haha.

On another note though.. I feel like this is the best draft I've had. I'm pretty confident going into this year

You got a team that can give you a shot. now it is up to injuries and managing.

Should I make any changes to my team? It is a 12 team ppr league with two flex and I have received some criticism from my friends. I feel like gronk is the most tradable on the team, but how much should I ask for in return? or would you not make any moves

QB:Andrew Luck

RB: Leveon bell

RB: rashad jennings

WR:Demaryius Thomas

WR: Michael Crabtree

TE: Rob Gronkowski/ Delanie Walker

Seahawks D

Flex: Riley cooper

Flex: Bishop Sankey

Bench: Rod streater, Jeremy Hill, Phillip Rivers....

Should I make any changes to my team? It is a 12 team ppr league with two flex and I have received some criticism from my friends. I feel like gronk is the most tradable on the team, but how much should I ask for in return? or would you not make any moves

QB:Andrew Luck

RB: Leveon bell

RB: rashad jennings

WR:Demaryius Thomas

WR: Michael Crabtree

TE: Rob Gronkowski/ Delanie Walker

Seahawks D

Flex: Riley cooper

Flex: Bishop Sankey

Bench: Rod streater, Jeremy Hill, Phillip Rivers....

As far as what you could use. I think 1 more better back. if they give Hill the 200 carries they are talking now though he could fill that void as 3rd back (or even higher). as of now I would use Hill over Sankey as Green seems to have that job for the moment although he too could become a very usable player.

This is the scary thing about taking a WR in the 1st ( assuming Thomas was took in 1st) and then going for Gronk with your 3rd. it makes for ugly starting RB's.

That being said, this team can compete and has excellent potential. especially if both Sankey and Hill come through. if that was to happen you would have a beast of a team.

I would not rush out and make deals. as long as Bell and Jennings are healthy they will be solid. but if someone comes to you with something interesting for a good RB I would mull it over.

EDIT: you could use another solid WR too IMO for the bench.

Edited by HighKite
  • Like 1

Hi, I've read back quite a ways and have got quite a nice bit of insight, so this giant thread is pretty awesome.

I’m looking for some advice/opinions on the starting lineup – 2 questions. This is a 10 team standard league.

Question 1 is more specific. My two QBs are Rodgers and Kaepernick. Week one Rodgers goes against Seattle, whereas Kaepernick faces Dallas. Should I role with Rodgers, or run Kaepernick? I know week 1 can be a tossup, and more importantly you run with your studs... but it would be a nice start to get this one right. (I’ve seen this question before regarding Rodgers, but never with Kaep involved)

Question 2 is in regard to my flex spot as a general starter, although also has a better match up Week1. I have two players that can adequately fill it, one being RB Maurice Jones-Drew and the other being WR Emmanuel Sanders. I’ll be honest, I’m leaning toward Sanders here, but obviously looking for a more experienced opinion.

Thanks

For reference

QB: Rodgers / Kaep

RB: Montee Ball / Rashad Jennings

WR: Antonio Brown / Pierre Garcon

TE: Gronk

Flex: Emmanuel Sanders / Maurice Jones-Drew (Currently Sanders)

D: Panthers

K: Hauschka

Hi, I've read back quite a ways and have got quite a nice bit of insight, so this giant thread is pretty awesome.

I’m looking for some advice/opinions on the starting lineup – 2 questions. This is a 10 team standard league.

Question 1 is more specific. My two QBs are Rodgers and Kaepernick. Week one Rodgers goes against Seattle, whereas Kaepernick faces Dallas. Should I role with Rodgers, or run Kaepernick? I know week 1 can be a tossup, and more importantly you run with your studs... but it would be a nice start to get this one right. (I’ve seen this question before regarding Rodgers, but never with Kaep involved)

Question 2 is in regard to my flex spot as a general starter, although also has a better match up Week1. I have two players that can adequately fill it, one being RB Maurice Jones-Drew and the other being WR Emmanuel Sanders. I’ll be honest, I’m leaning toward Sanders here, but obviously looking for a more experienced opinion.

Thanks

For reference

QB: Rodgers / Kaep

RB: Montee Ball / Rashad Jennings

WR: Antonio Brown / Pierre Garcon

TE: Gronk

Flex: Emmanuel Sanders / Maurice Jones-Drew (Currently Sanders)

D: Panthers

K: Hauschka

I am a matchup guy. I do not buy into the always start your stud theory if you got a solid matchup from a solid player and your stud is playing a great defense like Seattle. I would start Kaep over Rodgers in that game. I can do you 1 better. I dafted Lacy in the 1st round in 1 league and am benching him week 1 against Seattle myself in favor of Ellington and Bush. matter of fact benching both of the 1st 2 back I took in that draft , the other being Bernard.

For your 2nd question I would agree I would use Sanders for now. but if Jones Drew finds his old self you will be loving life here. pretty much goes the same if Welker goes down as Sanders becomes a solid fantasy number 2 ( if he aint already) with upside of a fantasy WR 1.

I guess I could of justy said" yeah "as we pretty much look at it the same way. : )

I am a matchup guy. I do not buy into the always start your stud theory if you got a solid matchup from a solid player and your stud is playing a great defense like Seattle. I would start Kaep over Rodgers in that game. I can do you 1 better. I dafted Lacy in the 1st round in 1 league and am benching him week 1 against Seattle myself in favor of Ellington and Bush. matter of fact benching both of the 1st 2 back I took in that draft , the other being Bernard.

For your 2nd question I would agree I would use Sanders for now. but if Jones Drew finds his old self you will be loving life here. pretty much goes the same if Welker goes down as Sanders becomes a solid fantasy number 2 ( if he aint already) with upside of a fantasy WR 1.

I guess I could of justy said" yeah "as we pretty much look at it the same way. : )

I must say, I greatly appreciate the input. Although I'm still going to "mull" it over, I will likely look to have Kaep at the helm week 1. And yes, absolutely I'll be keeping an eye on MJD.

I must say, I greatly appreciate the input. Although I'm still going to "mull" it over, I will likely look to have Kaep at the helm week 1. And yes, absolutely I'll be keeping an eye on MJD.

I don't blame you for mulling it over. you know all the reasons to start Kaep now you got to figure out why you should start Rodgers. I would look over his past when he played the best defensive teams in football and see how he has done. his stats in those games will probably make your mind up for you.

First of all I can't believe this thread is still going! You helped me some last year, so here I go again. I posted this as a question on the board:

10 team league, mostly TD scoring with six points for rushing, receiving and passing. One point for every 50 yards passing and 1 point for every 20 yards receiving or rushing.

Each team keeps two players so in essence our draft starts with 20 players already taken, like starting in the 3rd round of most leagues.

I am keeping Matt Forte and Giovani Bernard. I have the 4th pick in the draft on every round. No Snake draft.

Here is what it looks like will be the best available at the start of the draft:

Eddie Lacy

Alred Morris

Zac Stacy

Brandon Marshall

Rob Gronkowski

Doug Martin

Jordy Nelson

Randall Cobb

Antonio Brown

Andre Ellington

Eddie Lacy will be taken as the first pick for sure.

Not sure who will taken 2nd and 3rd, but who do you think I should be targeting?

I'm thinking Brandon Marshall 1st, but I have Matt Forte on the same team as my #1 RB.

I think I need a TE or WR unless one of the RB's is too good to pass up.

No QB - P Manning, Brees and Rogers were all kept and none of the others should be picked this high. I have Stafford rated next highest, and hoping he may still be available next round.

I had Antonio Brown last year and he did very good for me, so I'm thinking maybe him or possibly Gronk.

Just looking for opinions.

THANKS

Ok so my team in a 10 team PPR is

QB: Cam Newton

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Torrey Smith

RB: Giovani Bernard

RB: Toby Gerhart

TE: Vernon Davis

Flex: Brandin Cooks

BN: Bishop Sankey

BN: Mike Evans

BN: Justin Hunter

BN: Jeremy Hill

BN: Russell Wilson

BN: Jarrett Boykin

I was wondering what I should do about my RB spot. Should I try and trade a WR cause I got pretty good depth there, or pick up someone like Darren McFadden or Devonta Freeman?

Losing sleep over this decision. I am in a 12 Team, 2 QB PPR league. I have the first overall pick in the draft. I am trying to formulate a strategy here for the first pick and would really appreciate some input. I have 3 keepers- vereen, ellington and J. Bell. The requirements for the team are below. TDs are worth 6pts.

Do I go QB (Brees / Manning) with the first overall pick based on my keeps and hang onto pick 24 to select an RB again

Take one of Charles or Shady and hang on to see what value might be left at QB in the second round?

The trend in this league is to take QBs early so I am a bit concerned with what might be left at 24- am I making this too big of deal?

QB QB RB WR WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX OP BENCH X 3

KEPT VEREEN, ELLINGTON, J BELL

First of all I can't believe this thread is still going! You helped me some last year, so here I go again. I posted this as a question on the board:

10 team league, mostly TD scoring with six points for rushing, receiving and passing. One point for every 50 yards passing and 1 point for every 20 yards receiving or rushing.

Each team keeps two players so in essence our draft starts with 20 players already taken, like starting in the 3rd round of most leagues.

I am keeping Matt Forte and Giovani Bernard. I have the 4th pick in the draft on every round. No Snake draft.

Here is what it looks like will be the best available at the start of the draft:

Eddie Lacy

Alred Morris

Zac Stacy

Brandon Marshall

Rob Gronkowski

Doug Martin

Jordy Nelson

Randall Cobb

Antonio Brown

Andre Ellington

Eddie Lacy will be taken as the first pick for sure.

Not sure who will taken 2nd and 3rd, but who do you think I should be targeting?

I'm thinking Brandon Marshall 1st, but I have Matt Forte on the same team as my #1 RB.

I think I need a TE or WR unless one of the RB's is too good to pass up.

No QB - P Manning, Brees and Rogers were all kept and none of the others should be picked this high. I have Stafford rated next highest, and hoping he may still be available next round.

I had Antonio Brown last year and he did very good for me, so I'm thinking maybe him or possibly Gronk.

Just looking for opinions.

THANKS

I am a RB hoarder myself, especially if this is a FLEX league. so for me I would put every RB on your list at the top. they on average get more scoring chances and they average more yardage.

If I was gonna go WR and Marshall is there he is who I would grab off of this list. I know that is 1 game where you lose 2 studs having Forte but as good as Marshall is, I would overlook that as all those other weeks you will have them both. Brown is a solid option too although I am not keen on his schedule.

Gronk is a beast but I just have a hard time believing he stays healthy. plus TE's are super deep this year

I would list the RB's this way..

Lacy

Martin

Morris

Stacy

Ellington

WR's this way..

Marshall

Brown

Nelson

Cobb

EDIT: hope this is helpful and you are welcome.

Edited by HighKite

Considering offering up to RG3 and Tate for ellington. Only Issue is its 10 pt. Tds so that may nullify the advantage of having ellington over Tate even in ppr. Team is the 16 team in siggy. Sorry hard to make the signature look good from phone. Ha.

Ok so my team in a 10 team PPR is

QB: Cam Newton

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Torrey Smith

RB: Giovani Bernard

RB: Toby Gerhart

TE: Vernon Davis

Flex: Brandin Cooks

BN: Bishop Sankey

BN: Mike Evans

BN: Justin Hunter

BN: Jeremy Hill

BN: Russell Wilson

BN: Jarrett Boykin

I was wondering what I should do about my RB spot. Should I try and trade a WR cause I got pretty good depth there, or pick up someone like Darren McFadden or Devonta Freeman?

If Hill can get the 200 carries they are talking about he could become your 3rd back or even higher if Bernard gets hurt or if Hill shows he can outplay him. Sankey is starting off on the bench but I expect him to pass Greene at some point.

I do not see the WR depth you speak of to trade 1 of them. I think your depth at RB is much better than your depth at WR.

Bernard and Gerhart will get their chances. and your starting wideouts are your strength. if you get a Wideout hurt I don't know who you are gonna use. rookie WR's usually don't make much of a impact until the end of the year.

I might pick up Freeman and drop Boykin. I also might look and see what other WR's are on the waivers.

I would probably start Hill over Cooks myself at FLEX.

This all being said you have a team that can compete and if your 2 young RB's come through you will have a team to be reckoned with.

Losing sleep over this decision. I am in a 12 Team, 2 QB PPR league. I have the first overall pick in the draft. I am trying to formulate a strategy here for the first pick and would really appreciate some input. I have 3 keepers- vereen, ellington and J. Bell. The requirements for the team are below. TDs are worth 6pts.

Do I go QB (Brees / Manning) with the first overall pick based on my keeps and hang onto pick 24 to select an RB again

Take one of Charles or Shady and hang on to see what value might be left at QB in the second round?

The trend in this league is to take QBs early so I am a bit concerned with what might be left at 24- am I making this too big of deal?

QB QB RB WR WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX OP BENCH X 3

KEPT VEREEN, ELLINGTON, J BELL

In leagues like this I treat QB's like RB's are treated in regular leagues and draft QB's in the 1st and 2nd round. you also will have to draft a 3rd before all the QB's are drafted for bye weeks.

Being you really only have to start 1 RB and it is PPR the backs you held should be plenty. I would personally go QB,QB,WR,WR,WR,WR,QB. of course this is not etched in stone as you may come across someone you have to grab. but that would be my plan going in. I might move my 3rd QB up if I get a feeling they will all be gone by your next pick.

• Like 1

Considering offering up to RG3 and Tate for ellington. Only Issue is its 10 pt. Tds so that may nullify the advantage of having ellington over Tate even in ppr. Team is the 16 team in siggy. Sorry hard to make the signature look good from phone. Ha.

Being it is a 16 team league I don't think you can afford to trade a QB as I am sure the waiver wire is bare.

And if all TD's (including QB's TD throws) are worth 10 points than QB's are kings. he should be offering you Ellington and something as Ellington is not built for short yardage and will miss out on a many TD's because of that.

No matter the formula though I would rather have Ellington than Tate. just not sure you can afford to lose the QB.

Is there QB's on the waiver wire?

10 team league, 1/2 point PPR, 6 point passing TD's. Everything else is standard. Start 1QB,3WR,2RB,FLEX WR/TE/RB,D,K. Ball was my 1 keeper from last year. How did I do? Do I need to make any moves to solidify my team? RB makes me a little nervous with Foster being dinged up. Really appreciate any help! 1. (4) Demaryius Thomas WR 2. (17) Julio Jones WR 3. (24) Arian Foster RB 4. (37) Matthew Stafford QB 5. (44) Pierre Garcon WR 6. (57) Chris Johnson RB 7. (64) Montee Ball RB 8. (77) Cordarrelle Patterson WR 9. (84) Ryan Mathews RB 10. (97) Josh Gordon WR 11. (104) Carlos Hyde RB 12. (117) Zach Ertz TE 13. (124) Bernard Pierce RB 14. (137) St. Louis DEF 15. (144) Jay Cutler QB 16. (157) Devonta Freeman RB

17 (14) Mason Crosby K

Also if you think I should drop Gordon should I target one of Denver's backup RB's or another RB like Shonn Greene or something different entirely?

Edited by rahyde88

Hello HighKite,

First of all, thank you for your advice about picking up K. Davis earlier this week. I know I should be looking at my WR depth, but I am not impressed with what is out there. I am now contemplating picking up J. Hill who is on the waiver wire.

Do you think I should drop McCluster for J. Hill? If not McCluster would you drop anyone on my team for Hill? Thanks again for your help.