[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thad Lewis

Geo33

That Jags Broncos game could be a fantasy trap game. Everyone will be like the Broncos will explode. All their options will be huge. DT, JT, WW, ED, PM. Well there is a very strong chance the Broncos win by 30, and throw 5 passes in the 2nd half.

I think Peyton will get his 4 TD's, but I doubt he has the monster 350 and 5 TD game most would expect because the 2nd half will be all garbage time.

Edited by giantsfan

If I absolutely had to bet on the DEN-JAC game, I think I'd take the over. Denver is averaging 46 points per game, but they're also giving up nearly 28 per game. Granted, the Jacksonville offense is far more anemic than anybody they've faced so far, but considering how quickly/methodically Denver tends to score, any opponent of theirs is bound to score at least a few points. Blackmon adds another dimension to the Jaguars' passing attack (I use the term "attack" lightly), and I see Jacksonville scoring at least a couple of times in that game... if nothing else, in garbage time.

I'm saying 45-14, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if Denver beats the O/U of 51.5 all by themselves (I could easily see the score being 52-0 or 52-7, with Denver scoring about 42 of those points in the first 2 1/2 quarters). On the flip-side, I could see a 42-17 type of game, which is why I'm more confident in the over than I am Denver covering the 28 points. You just never know what's going to happen in a blow-out, and it's almost a sure thing that this game will be that.

All of that said, I pretty much suck at betting on football, so please keep that in mind. ;)

Playing devil's advocate, the game could very well end 35-0. Honestly, I'd probably stay away from this one altogether. But, if I had to pick a side, I'd lean towards the over, simply based on what I've seen from Denver (on both sides of the ball) through five weeks. I actually think the DEN defense might be better than the numbers imply... When you score as much as they have, it's hard not to give up some points, for a variety of reasons (not the least of which is simply that there is more garbage time).