[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another trade question

Scorcher

Can a trade go through for the same week a player has played? ex. A trade is proposed but one of the players plays on Thurs and the other doesn't play until Sunday and there is not enough time for the trade to go through before Thurs. In your league would you have to wait until the next week for the trade to go through? I am the one trading for the Thurs player and at this point would just as soon wait until Fri. to get things rolling just to make sure the player gets through the game uninjured. ( a legitimate concern this year )

I don't even think our league software (CBS) would allow a trade to be agreed upon by the owners in that case. Even if the player being traded was on the bench, they were already part of that for the week.

Commish might be able to override that somehow.

I don't even think our league software (CBS) would allow a trade to be agreed upon by the owners in that case. Even if the player being traded was on the bench, they were already part of that for the week.

Commish might be able to override that somehow.

If it would go through so I could get him for tomorrow I would be good with it. It was actually a post that you made about players getting injured before you get them that made me tell the guy to wait.

So this is an active trade for this week, well nobody has played yet so I'd think as long as its accepted by both parties before that it should go through.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by goes through. You may also want to talk to your commissioner about this. Hope it all works out.

So this is an active trade for this week, well nobody has played yet so I'd think as long as its accepted by both parties before that it should go through.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by goes through. You may also want to talk to your commissioner about this. Hope it all works out.

In our league there is a 2 day waiting period for other owners to approve or reject the trade.

In our league there is a 2 day waiting period for other owners to approve or reject the trade.

I hate that. My best league only requires commish approval which usually takes about 15 min because he is on the ball.

This is definitely a league specific thing.

I play on ESPN and you can agree to trades involving locked players, but they wont move until they all unlock.

I hate that. My best league only requires commish approval which usually takes about 15 min because he is on the ball.

This is definitely a league specific thing.

I play on ESPN and you can agree to trades involving locked players, but they wont move until they all unlock.

I hate it too but it is a part of my league. With this rule if you don't get a trade agreed upon by Weds. it won't go through for that week and usually what happens on the WW influences whether you want to trade or not.

That blows. Makes trading very difficult now with the Thursday game every week, and probably a waiver run late Tuesday / early Wed.

I'd suggest for next year you see about getting that reduced to 1 day, so more trades can be completed before Thursday. Or an exception (1 instead of 2) if trade involves players who play Thu.

Damned Thursday games strike again. Screwing up fantasy football since 2006.

No as you said it is the 2 day delay. What if you and I are hammering out a trade, and cannot finish it before 1PM on Friday? Too late, trade cannot complete until after Sunday kickoff.

My league like the one you mention just has to have trades approved by the commish (we have 2 to share duties, I am one of them). We always try to approve them quickly, the site (CBS) tells us about them, and the owner can always call or email to tell us if we haven't seen it.