[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

News from Colts camp

CaptainHook

I just got back from Terre Haute, about an hour and a half drive each way, to see one of the two night practices the Colts have each year in training camp. It was only Day 3 in Colts camp, but here's what I noticed. . .

Manning is in midseason form. He looked really sharp. If it's possible to bump Manning UP on your QB list, do it.

Edgerrin looked very good, breaking several long runs. He also caught the ball well. Contract year=$$$

Marvin was, as usual, great. You really start taking these three for granted because they play so consistently well.

I was most impressed with Reggie Wayne. It looks like he is in great shape. The Colts practiced most of the night in their 3 wide set, as opposed to their regular 2 TE. Pollard has been sitting out some practices due to a knee injury he suffered late in the year. Plus, the Colts are LOADED at TE, and the young guys could use some work. Dallas Clark seems to have no lingering effects from the broken leg last year. He didn't catch any balls in 11 on 11 drills, so its hard to say he looked great. The other guy who stood out was Brandon Stokley. Peyton seems to look to him a lot in the 3 WR sets. It has been that way since Stokley rejoined the line-up late last year after several injuries. Stokley is definitely worth a FF look even though he's a #3.

Defensively, as I mentioned, Edge broke several loooooooong runs. Its only 3 days into camp, and the Colts have several new guys or guys in new positions on defense. They are definitely younger and faster, but its too early to say they are better. Defensive backs look a lot better that last year. The weak spot looks to be DL and LB.

Well, that's it. Nothing ground breaking or anything. GO COLTS.

Manning is in midseason form.  He looked really sharp.  If it's possible to bump Manning UP on your QB list, do it.

334319[/snapback]

I'd say Manning and CPep are 1 and 1A, whatever order satisfies you. They are alone in tier 1 QBs, that's for sure. In my league scoring (which give more points for longer TDs, and where pass TDs are the same as run/catch, these two won't survive past the early 2nd Rd.

Nice update, thanks.

• 4 months later...
Offensively, I was dead on.  Defensively, the defensive line and linebackers have been good to average.  The secondary, on the other hand, has not.

634347[/snapback]

Offensively I think you will find that even all the FF rags probably predicted a monster year for Peyton as everyone knew he would benefit from the emphasis on keeping hands off receivers. NOW....had you nailed the D.......

speaking of........ what's the prognosis on Bob Sanders for the playoffs ? Is he gonna be ready ?

634552[/snapback]

He ran in practice last week, but the Colts decided to hold him out another week. Supposedly he will practice this week, and Dungy wants him to see limited snaps against Denver, so he is ready for the play-offs. So much for an "optimistic" 3 weeks for his MCL strain. Makes you wonder about Seymour. . .