[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting playoffs weeks 13-15?

Slugs3511

A few people in our league have suggested starting the playoffs in week 13 instead of 14 because of players being hurt and teams really not performing "normally" with their players, that's a ? From one of our owners not me..... However, if you look at the past few years it's becoming more and more common to see players sitting and shutting down before weeks 15, 16.....

Players that had no relevance for weeks 1thru 13 are more relevant and players that were not relevant are more so....

Just looking for opinions thanks and have a Merry Christmas to all!

Actually it seems like far fewer teams have things clinched in weeks 15-16 as in the past, didn't see any players being sat during week 16. Players are always going to be injured. At what point do you have too short of a regular season to start playoffs that much sooner.

I think playing week 16 adds to the experience and the more experienced owners know how to prepare by adding depth to players positions that may be rested during this time , So if you have Charles then you may need to grab his handcuff if you were smart enough to when you drafted , if it means you can't roster 2 or 3 defenses or PK's so be it

I say this because the one owner in our big money league that bitched the most about this had 2 def. & 3 PK's on his roster but only one active RB & only 4 active WR's come week 14 and we roster 21 players