[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This years RB crop seems weak

Flip_Side

Wow. Anyways there is more than one way to skin a cat. Reminds me of the movie IP Man where everyone makes a big deal out of which style is better when it is about you...not the style...

Leagues are not won on draft day....leagues are started on draft day. By week 5 or 6 I make so many trades and add/drops that half of my team looks completely different...

It's a funny game because some players you can't give up on too early and others you need to know when to cut the cord...never be afraid to admit you were wrong about a certain player and move on....

Also if you head into a draft saying "I am drafting 'this' position in round 1 and 'that' position in round 2" you are only limiting yourself.

The only position I really feel like I am targeting in any round is RB in round 1 because of the severe drop off....but I know I am in the minority but I think after the top 10-12 RBs...yeah, there is a dropoff but it is filled with a bunch of players with PPR potential. ...that can't be overlooked

Edited by Avernus

You're going by 1 league that I'm in that I place the least importance on. I play in at least 8 others of which one is 32 teams and 2 others are 16 teams and in the 32 team league I missed winning the Title, in the Title game.

I know my stuff and for you to think otherwise is silly. Hell, the 2 years that I was in the Huddle Ladder with you I won the Title and finished better than you both years. My record against you is 2-2, so I guess against me you're no better than a .500 team either. Funny how that worked, huh?

Not too mention that over the last 4 years my life has gone through some major changes with divorce, major family fall out and then remarriage, purchasing of a new house and the birth a newborn and through that all I've still experienced plenty of success always taking home more than a shelled out. But sure, I guess if we go by "1" of my leagues than I'm a .500 player.

Does every thread have to be about you? Who gives a rat's ass? As you continue to claim you've done better than I have in the Ladder, what you fail to acknowledge is that you have not broken .500 in the past 6 straight years. You'll have your excuses, but as a cheat sheet lemming it's very predictable.

Wow. Anyways there is more than one way to skin a cat. Reminds me of the movie IP Man where everyone makes a big deal out of which style is better when it is about you...not the style...

Leagues are not won on draft day....leagues are started on draft day. By week 5 or 6 I make so many trades and add/drops that half of my team looks completely different...

I also use the WW, but it's been my experience that trades are very hard to pull off. In order to make a trade work, you both have to be heavy in a position the other team is light in.

It's a funny game because some players you can't give up on too early and others you need to know when to cut the cord...never be afraid to admit you were wrong about a certain player and move on....

Also if you head into a draft saying "I am drafting 'this' position in round 1 and 'that' position in round 2" you are only limiting yourself.

The only position I really feel like I am targeting in any round is RB in round 1 because of the severe drop off....but I know I am in the minority but I think after the top 10-12 RBs...yeah, there is a dropoff but it is filled with a bunch of players with PPR potential. ...that can't be overlooked

The way I typiclaly view RB's is their combined point totals when mixed with another position. Let's say you take Lacy with the 7th pick and Bernard with your next one. If you took Calvin Johnson and AJ Green instead, it would probably start a WR run. What it would also do is drop RB's into unexpected slots and people will pull when the RB "falls" to them. I've done this many times and it amazes me that some people will continue to snatch up the remaining RB's, going RB/RB/RB, and sometimes RB/RB/RB/RB.

If you did have C. Johnson and AJ, then managed to pick up Shane Vereen and MJD, how would it compare every week to having Lacy/Bernard and Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace? The balance of power could be argued either way, but I have had good luck in the past depending on a RB from a bad team or one part of a RBBC in order to bolster other positions, sometimes not taking a RB until the fifth pick.

Edited by Thews40

I also use the WW, but it's been my experience that trades are very hard to pull off. In order to make a trade work, you both have to be heavy in a position the other team is light in.

The way I typiclaly view RB's is their combined point totals when mixed with another position. Let's say you take Lacy with the 7th pick and Bernard with your next one. If you took Calvin Johnson and AJ Green instead, it would probably start a WR run. What it would also do is drop RB's into unexpected slots and people will pull when the RB "falls" to them. I've done this many times and it amazes me that some people will continue to snatch up the remaining RB's, going RB/RB/RB, and sometimes RB/RB/RB/RB.

If you did have C. Johnson and AJ, then managed to pick up Shane Vereen and MJD, how would it compare every week to having Lacy/Bernard and Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace? The balance of power could be argued either way, but I have had good luck in the past depending on a RB from a bad team or one part of a RBBC in order to bolster other positions, sometimes not taking a RB until the fifth pick.

A lot of people are not willing to over pay to get what they want. I have had to over pay to get what I want and it works out. ..

I also don't try to anticipate or dictate what others are going to do too much. ..I let the draft come to me really and take who I think is the best player at that time. ... not that your method is wrong - again there is more than one way to approach this

A lot of people are not willing to over pay to get what they want. I have had to over pay to get what I want and it works out. ..

I also don't try to anticipate or dictate what others are going to do too much. ..I let the draft come to me really and take who I think is the best player at that time. ... not that your method is wrong - again there is more than one way to approach this

There are many ways to approach drafts every year. Picking the best player that does fall to you is how I typically go after the 6th, but I pretty much know who I'm going to take in the first two rounds mocking out the possibilities and which positions I'll fill depending on who falls.

When predicting how others will draft, when you're wrong you can get stung. In a 6 point passing league I once took three QB's in the first 7 rounds. It did force a QB run, but one of them got injured and no one wanted to trade, so it didn't work... it was fun though.

Entering a draft I usually have the minimum I'll want at each position. Let's say you have it in your head that your QB has to be Kaepernick or better. A QB run starts and 3 QB's are taken where you didn't think they'd go and you missed your minimum. Some people will draft two QB's with their next picks to cover, and some will just ditch the position and load up in another.

If two teams go WR/WR, it will sometimes start a WR run. If that happens, WR's can start flying off the board so much that by the time your pick comes back to you, the other positions stayed the same for the most part, which is a perfect scenario. Doesn't always pan out, but taking risks makes it interesting.

Edited by Thews40

There are many ways to approach drafts every year. Picking the best player that does fall to you is how I typically go after the 6th, but I pretty much know who I'm going to take in the first two rounds mocking out the possibilities and which positions I'll fill depending on who falls.

When predicting how others will draft, when you're wrong you can get stung. In a 6 point passing league I once took three QB's in the first 7 rounds. It did force a QB run, but one of them got injured and no one wanted to trade, so it didn't work... it was fun though.

Entering a draft I usually have the minimum I'll want at each position. Let's say you have it in your head that your QB has to be Kaepernick or better. A QB run starts and 3 QB's are taken where you didn't think they'd go and you missed your minimum. Some people will draft two QB's with their next picks to cover, and some will just ditch the position and load up in another.

If two teams go WR/WR, it will sometimes start a WR run. If that happens, WR's can start flying off the board so much that by the time your pick comes back to you, the other positions stayed the same for the most part, which is a perfect scenario. Doesn't always pan out, but taking risks makes it interesting.

Definitely, I can recall pretty much each scenario happening at one time or another. If you keep your head on a swivel because of that then you are prepared for anything.

And as far as taking risks? Scared money don't win....plain and simple...

Does every thread have to be about you? Who gives a rat's ass? As you continue to claim you've done better than I have in the Ladder, what you fail to acknowledge is that you have not broken .500 in the past 6 straight years. You'll have your excuses, but as a cheat sheet lemming it's very predictable.

Yup, your right.