[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help Picking 2 Keepers

It almost time for me to set my keepers for this year. This is the first time I have been in a keeper league, it's 10 man with a snake rotation draft (I'm 2nd in the draft).

Going into this upcoming season, I need to set 2 Keepers and would definitely appreciate any advice (These keepers will give up my round picks).

Last season, my draft was:

1. Jamaal Charles

2. Matt Forte

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. Peyton Manning

5. Dwayne Bowe

6. Montee Ball

7. Greg Olsen

8. Desean Jackson

9. Mark Ingram

10. Jacquizz Rodgers

11. Daniel Thomas

12. Bengals D

13. Brian Hartline

14 Malcolm Floyd

15. Phil Dawson

16. Ben Roethlisberger

I'm almost positive that I'm going to keep Peyton Manning, but I don't know who else I should keep, if any (I'm thinking about Montee Ball). I also picked up Marlon Brown and the Dolphins D.

Edited by darkstar82391

Disagree - Charles and Forte. Ball is not proven and there are several high-level QBs. I personally think you can get great value later in the draft regarding a QB. Foles and Cutler come to mind. With keeping two top-five funning back you can then focus your attention on WRs - there should be several to choose from.

I assume you don't forfeit picks for keepers and I am assuming that scoring rules and lineups are fairly standard.

In just about any possible league setup (save a PPC or a 2QB league), I can't see not keeping Charles and Forte.

I would then look to trade Ball (and Manning if owners are QB crazy), for draft pick upgrades.

Sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but they will forfeit my picks for these keepers.

And my draft placement is 2nd

Or you could keep Forte and Ball and see what pick 1.02 looks like.

Or you could keep Forte and Ball and see what pick 1.02 looks like.

I like this, especially if there is a chance another of the big RBs would also be available in the draft... or if the guy picking 1st is foolish enough to use his first to protect a player.

Thanks for all the replies! The person who is drafting first is definitely not an idiot at this, he spends a majority of his time researching for this league.

I just don't want to keep Charles since I'm drafting 2nd and I'll have a top 3 RB anyways and would rather use my keeper for a better value pick.

Matt Forte would be a good keeper imo because he's going to go early in the 1st round and Montee Ball should be drafted early in the 2nd round.

Also Peyton Manning I think would be good because I think he's going to be drafted at the end of the 2nd round.

Thanks for all the replies! The person who is drafting first is definitely not an idiot at this, he spends a majority of his time researching for this league.

I just don't want to keep Charles since I'm drafting 2nd and I'll have a top 3 RB anyways and would rather use my keeper for a better value pick.

Matt Forte would be a good keeper imo because he's going to go early in the 1st round and Montee Ball should be drafted early in the 2nd round.

Also Peyton Manning I think would be good because I think he's going to be drafted at the end of the 2nd round.

I'd worry less about optimizing value and more about setting yourself up to have the best team.

I think Forte and Ball is a no-brainer and you'd have pick 1.02 as well. But If you let Charles and Forte go. You'd have the option to draft one of the 2 at pick 1.02 plus still get to keep another player to go along with Ball. I'm not one to normally advocate keeping a QB but Manning is your best option other than Olsen or Fitz. You also lucked into having Charles and Forte and pick 1.02 so in this case it would make sense to me.

I'd worry less about optimizing value and more about setting yourself up to have the best team.

I think Forte and Ball is a no-brainer and you'd have pick 1.02 as well. But If you let Charles and Forte go. You'd have the option to draft one of the 2 at pick 1.02 plus still get to keep another player to go along with Ball. I'm not one to normally advocate keeping a QB but Manning is your best option other than Olsen or Fitz. You also lucked into having Charles and Forte and pick 1.02 so in this case it would make sense to me.

This is also a good play as you can then even have 3 top RBs and work from there.

This is also a good play as you can then even have 3 top RBs and work from there.

he won't have 3. He can only keep 2 and its likely that the guy with pick 1.01 will take the one he doesn't keep

Who do you project to be the second best player available if the guy wit hthe 1st pick takes Charles? I know you don't know, but at the least you can come up with some idea of who it may be.

As to Zooty's idea, I think the answer to the above question is key, as essentially you are giving up this player in order to keep Manning and then redraft Charles or Forte, rather than keep Forte and draft 2nd bes player in draft and the naddress QB later on. (Scnario assumes Ball is kept regardless of second keeper option)