[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any worries about Antonio Brown week 1?

Joebirds55

Brown is most likely the number one wr on plenty of fantasy teams, specifically those that went rb rb. Facing Cleveland and Joe haden week 1. I know he had success against him last year, but I'm definitely nervous he may have a line of 2 catches 30 yards.

Any hesitation to start him this week?

Yawn. One of the biggest myths in fantasy football.

Yes, Haden is an incredible CB. Maybe the best.

But Brown only needs a handful of catches to be fantasy relevant. He was a receptions machine last year and there's no reason to think he won't be again. The loss of Emmanuel Sanders probably amplifies his targets.

Will he have 10 catches for 150 yards and 2 scores? No, probably not.

Stats vs. CLE last year: 14 targets, 9 catches for 87 yards.... and then 10 targets, 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD.

So... :shrug:

Yawn. One of the biggest myths in fantasy football.

Yes, Haden is an incredible CB. Maybe the best.

But Brown only needs a handful of catches to be fantasy relevant. He was a receptions machine last year and there's no reason to think he won't be again. The loss of Emmanuel Sanders probably amplifies his targets.

Will he have 10 catches for 150 yards and 2 scores? No, probably not.

Stats vs. CLE last year: 14 targets, 9 catches for 87 yards.... and then 10 targets, 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD.

So... :shrug:

I hear ya, I mentioned brown having success against him in the past but not the largest sample size compared to some studs he's shut down (aj green being one). I will start him, but if he was my number one receiver I wouldn't be jumping for joy. Much of the match up focus this week has been concentrated on the Thursday night game, this one is sort of flying under the radar.

I hear ya, I mentioned brown having success against him in the past but not the largest sample size compared to some studs he's shut down (aj green being one). I will start him, but if he was my number one receiver I wouldn't be jumping for joy. Much of the match up focus this week has been concentrated on the Thursday night game, this one is sort of flying under the radar.

Haden shut Green down in ONE game last season. 5 targets, 2 catches for 7 yards.

That said, us fantasy footballers need to look past the stat line.... the Bengals won that game 41-20. Why would Andy Dalton force the ball to Green? To satiate us fantasy footballers?

In their second matchup, Green was targeted 15 times, resulting in 7 catches for 51 yards. That game line is probably a bit more telling, as Green caught less than half the balls that went to him. Haden effect? Maybe. But trust that Brown will be fed the ball and while he may not score, PPR owners shouldn't worry much.

Haden shut Green down in ONE game last season. 5 targets, 2 catches for 7 yards.

That said, us fantasy footballers need to look past the stat line.... the Bengals won that game 41-20. Why would Andy Dalton force the ball to Green? To satiate us fantasy footballers?

In their second matchup, Green was targeted 15 times, resulting in 7 catches for 51 yards. That game line is probably a bit more telling, as Green caught less than half the balls that went to him. Haden effect? Maybe. But trust that Brown will be fed the ball and while he may not score, PPR owners shouldn't worry much.

I shall sleep easy tonight after this post. You have me convinced... no sarcasm

I don't recall who it was, but I remember some young buck just torching Haden in a preseason game. I hope I drafted whoever that was but probably not.

But I digress. Exactly who are you going to start for a guy that will be tossed around as a first round pick in next year's PPR drafts?

Come on man.