[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ Spiller's (mis)usage

Grogansghost

C.J. Spiller rushed 10 times for 25 yards and caught 3 passes for 37 yards against the Chargers.

Advice: Spiller had a long-run called back early in the game, but struggled to find running room all day. The Bills insist on using Spiller as a between-the-tackles runner instead of getting him involved in space. As long as that continues, Spiller will remain nothing more than a high-upside RB2/FLEX.

The highlighted part of the above quote pulled from rotoworld feels like a common refrain I keep hearing about CJ Spiller everytime his name comes up.

I haven't watched a full Buffalo game this year, and don't really follow them in the offseason - but I've hear this criticism enough times that I'm guessing there's some truth to it.

Just wondering from the Bill's fans perspective --- is the team misusing Spiller --- or is this a case of fantasy fans only looking at things from a fantasy perspective?

What's confusing is that Marrone specifically put Spiller on kick offs because he needs to get the ball in space more - yet, for some reason his carries are all between the tackles.

This disconnect hurts my weak football mind like when Lovie Smith keeps kicking to Devin Hester. I'm sure there's a reason, but I only see madness. Please, Huddlers, help me understand. Is it as simple as Doug Marrone can't devise a play designed to get a RB into space…or is there more to this?