[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Corruption?

rugbynoodles

So our commish is also an owner. We have a 2 day wait before trades go through so people have a chance to veto, make their own offers, etc. Everyones trades have waited the full 2 days except the commish's, twice now! They've only been posted for a max half hour. And this 2nd trade was with his brother. I was out to dinner with my family and didnt even know a trade was proposed, let alone upheld in 20 minutes. Now his team is unbelievably stacked rodgers, foster, lacy, watkins, d. Thomas, aj green, greg olsen. What does you guys think, just seems so shady.

The lack of 2-day delay is disconcerting and should be brought up publicly. However, the AJ Green trade doesn't seem unfair in any way, especially if the Green owner needed depth. the Forte for Rodgers/Lacy trade seems unbalanced, but again depends on the teams.

I would DEFINITELY bring up in a forum or in person the lack of delay, and find out his thought process on that. Regardless if he's the GM or not, he needs to wait the 2 days so the league can comment or possibly vote to veto just like anyone else

Current teams and standings:

Commish team (5-2)

A rodgers,arian foster, eddie lacy, sammy watkins, demaryius thomas, aj green, greg olsen, bills d, justin tucker.

His bench:

Cam newton, julian eddleman,reggie Wayne, b. Sankey, d. Allen, b. Pierce, and a. Robinson.

His brothers team (2-5):

Phillip rivers, i. Crowell, ben tate, terrance williams, golden tate, steve smith,

Zach ertz, cowboys, matt bryant.

bench:

Jimmy graham, alshon jeffrey, roddy white, darren sproles, d. Adams, matt asiata, doig baldwin.

I agree that the lack of a delay on the trade is pretty disconcerting. However, it doesn't really look like collusion or anything to me. Maybe cheating or circumventing rules if he changed the trade rules for his trades.

The way I see it, if he was poaching talent from his brothers team, he could have done a lot more. Neither trade seems unfair, the first one makes sense if the Green owner needed more depth, and the second one makes sense ifthe owner trading away Forte needed a better QB. Rogers+Lacy for Forte isn't at all out of the question if I'm an owner that needs a better QB while not taking a huge hit on the ground game.

EDIT: Still, the trades aside, it seems pretty clear that the commish changed the trade processing rules. I would bring that up publicly, as someone else suggested. The trades don't seem to be a huge issue, though.

Edited by MikeFL25

Maybe... but that's the point, "maybe" "Maybe" he colluded, but there's nothing obvious or blatant, and in fact the trades make some sense and are relatively fair too. If you try to accuse or bring up collusion on those trades, you will lose ground and credence when you point out the real issue: Eliminating the 2-day delay for his two trades. Put the focus on that and you will garner support from everyone else.

No one else seems to really care except one other guy. I posted something in our forum in our league (nothing about the players, just about the wait) and the commish hasnt responded. I feel like he's just blowing it off. I probably won't return to this league next year. He shoudlnt get to make up his own rules just for himself.