[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Team Redrafter / thoughts

Grits and Shins

Just completed drafting for my local. Pretty standard PPR. Couldn't make 12 teams this year so for the first time since 1992 we are down to 10 teams. So I was interested to see how the draft would pan out never having drafted in a league with less than 12 teams.

We added 1 more starter for a total of 10 and bumped rosters to 18. Starters 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

I was really surprised by the immediate hard run on WRs. Antonio Brown was the 1st over all pick, with 3 other WRs taken in the first round (Bryant, JJones, DThomas).

I was surprised to see 2 QBs drafted in the first round (Luck and Rodgers in that order).

Bell went before Lynch (Lynch dropped to 2nd round).

WR run continued into the 2nd round with 6 more falling, Rob Gronkowski also was in the 2nd.

RB run was in the 3rd round with 6 taken, Jimmy Graham was a 3rd rounder too.

Seattle was first defense off the board in the 6th, Buffalo followed in the 7th

TWO kickers were drafted in the 12th round.

Edited by Grits and Shins

in all of my 10 teamers usually 3 wrs went in first round, first brown, followed by dez or thomas. then julio and calvin would be next. im surprised lynch made it to the 2nd round in a ppr format, and bell lasted as long as he did. most leagues ive also seen luck and rodgers go first & second round..i havent drafted either of them yet but i just dont see the point in drafting a qb so early, but to each his own.

One team took QBs back-to-back in the 3rd and 4th round Romo then Brady ... we can only start 1 QB.

The last team to take their starting QB took Stafford in the 11th.

wow i could never do that. i like watching other ppl take qbs early watching the value fall right in my lap.

• Like 1

Andrew Luck was the 1st overall pick in my 10 team ppr local. I landed Rivers in the 11th and backed that up with Eli in the 12th.

yup thats how i draft also, have rivers & newton (pre kelvin injury). rivers is always drafted so late but hes been productive every year.