[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow! Oakland Raiders

Tally

IMO that was another very impressive win. OAK just dismantled the #2 ranked defense today in a game where most everyone thought they would have a let down game after a big divisional road win last week. OAK didn't even punt for the first time until halfway thru the 4th quarter. Watching, it felt more like a 45-0 blowout than the actual final score. Also, they won without any really big plays from Cooper. If the Raiders go into PIT and win next week, I believe they will make the playoffs this season.

Edited by Tally

Their secondary is terrible. They aren't going anywhere until they fix that. Got a lot of legit pieces though, team on the rise for sure. They won't make the playoffs but they will take some teams down with them. I'm not sold on Murray, I think that's a lot more about the line than the guy. We'll see if they invest in the position at all. If I'm Reggie, my draft goes CB/RB/S/CB/S/CB/S then I trade for some more picks and take CB/S until I pass out.

Their secondary is terrible. They won't make the playoffs but they will take some teams down with them.

Yep agreed, they need to get better in the secondary. However, they are doing a good job against the run so far as they currently rank 3rd in the league at 84.3yds per game, they completely shut down C. Ivory today. Also, Woodson seems to come up with some big plays in timely situations. As a whole I think the defense is definitely improved.

My post is really about the O not the D and what they just did to what is considered one of the very best D's in football, it was impressive to watch.

If they beat PIT next week, I believe they are making the playoffs this season. There's no wildcard coming out of the AFC South and OAK will have tie breakers over both PIT and NYJ if they win next week.... that's an excellent position to be in.

Edited by Tally

All good points. The offense is clicking heavy duty, and Carr is making a strong case for legitimacy already. I wasn't in tune with how weak the AFC playoff picture looks, I suppose they do have a chance, but they won't make much splash until they fix the secondary. Once they do though, look out, because the 3-4 look they give looks solid up front.