[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scoring question help

Wbolin9

ESPN Standard Scoring League where a fumble counts for 2. AP fumbled once last night, yet had a TD(6) and 86 total yards. I got 11 points for him though, which doesn't make sense to me. Should be 12, unless I'm a complete idiot. Am I an idiot? Maybe I just don't get how it works...

Do you points for total yards or separately for rushing and receiving? Do they do fractional points (.1 per yard) or whole (1 per 10).

In my league he scored 12, and we do -1 for a lost fumble

rush yards 69 = 6

rec yards 17 = 1

TD = 6

FL = -1

total = 12

My guess is you're expecting 8 points from yardage but it is really 7

Understanding your scoring is critical, and something you should probably know when the season starts not be confused about in week 14 ;)

Edited by stevegrab

^This is how ESPN works...49 yards rushing and 51 yards recieving is 4 points rushing and 5 points receiving even though it is 100 yards.

I'd say that is how every fantasy site works, since most people don't score points for total yards, but instead do rushing and receiving separately. It may be a scoring category in all/most fantasy sites, and some leagues may use it but not most.

Fractional points would have netted 8.6 points instead of 7.